Oh dear..... CT110 seized, running but not healthy

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Usually what I would do is by a 1- 1.5mm oversize piston and bring that with the cylinder to the place you gonna get it re-bored. They need the oversize piston so they can bore it to the right size and make the two sit perfectly. It should cost about $80.

After something like this happening it is also a good idea to pull of your clutch cover and inspect the clutch and drive gears etc as it could have broken off teeth or something. I broke a tooth when my clutch seized the engine.

plenty of oversize pistons up to 1mm oversize http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CT110-Po...orcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a7f4c588d

That looks like what I need?
How much should a hone/bore generally cost so I have an idea of what to look for?
and I presume they'll be able to measure and tell me what size piston I need?

edit: actually, running my fingers around the bore, I can't even feel anything whatsoever? maybe just a hone?

you could maybe get a way with just a hone and a new piston maybe but its impossible to actually tell the ware on a cylinder unless you ave some snap gauges or a bore gauge... it could be oval it...

give it a hone and a new piston if your gonna sell it decently soon
get it bored if you are going to keep it for about 3months longer

ask your local machine shop how much boring is it i could imagine $65 ?

boring here is a rort. I phoned around and average price is about $200. I found one for approx $110 and even that's with a partner store discount

So about $200 to get a new piston, rings, base+head gasket and a rebore

I was considering the 140cc kit from 'one ten' as it's $308 swapped with my barrel. Add in postage and it's probably about $400 i'm not sure its worth it. They reckon its not much more power over stock

For that sort of price I could almost get what I need to put a 140 china engine in that makes heaps more power?

I'll take the clutch cover off and see if there's anything obviously wrong with it. Is there anything I can be checking in particular? did anyone see the vid on the last page, there's no forward/back movement of the crank but there's a little side to side movement
No point in doing any head work at all if I need to touch the bottom end, may as well drop a new engine in

Last edited:
yeah an engine swap is an option.. a good one at that

why not just buy a new bore... or if you have a bit of time that you would like to spend waiting then ask akunar.com for a new bore and piston (he is usually cheap as chips)

why not just buy a new bore...

its all about cost. If I can get one cheaper then sure. I've contacted that site and will await the reply
yeah an engine swap is an option.. a good one at that

Only problem is I need one with an auto clutch in it and i've only seen engines being swapped in with manual clutches, would take a bit of research to find one suitable i'd imagine. As adding pieces afterwards all starts to get expensive

I won't put a manual in it, has to be auto clutch.
That cylinder/piston kit looks good however... it's a 50mm bore? not 52mm?

edit: stock stroke is 49.5mm
edit2: barrel is 65mm, sleeve is 92mm

Last edited:
@zwebx
Akunar is possibly the most difficult company to reach. I can't get through to them. They havn't responded to my emails, their website phone number does not work, and even another number listed on their facebook page does not recognise tones so I can't proceed past the initial section

Do you have another way of contacting them?

Also can you confirm 150 bores work? from the 2 i've seen on ebay, the bolt hole distances are slightly different and the cylinder itself is too tall, which would result in very low compression. Unless I need to use the crank as well?

Last edited:
Ranuka at akunar was very frequent in answering messages, I myself have not received a reply for many emails in the last few months, I've had a gutfull with them and won't recommend anymore. Even when my do called HD valve springs broke up real bad there was no mention of replacement only a mention that this has happened before and bad luck, yeah bad luck alright after 20 minutes of riding. Support Aussie and if not the US mobs are helpful.

I really don't care where I get parts from, the question is what works? I need to speak to someone who can tell me what cylinder/piston will fit. That ebay all-in-one kit linked above is all well and good, but its a 50mm piston that takes it from 105cc down to 97cc, quite a drop and i'm sure it'd struggle even more up hills.

I'd like to get something slightly larger if possible (and not have to spend $400)
So if you can recommend someone I can talk to, fantastic. At the moment i'm just waiting to see where I can find the best compromise between price and performance

i have had a look around it looks like your up to 200 for a new bore and piston.. or hone it $50 for a new piston and rings and sell it....

btw i asked akunar if he has anything will send you a price when he replies

Cheers. If I can bolt a bigger bore on and go, then thats what i'll do. I don't mind adding an extra gasket to make up for a slight difference, but if it needs machining its no longer cost effective (machining here is 2-3x more expensive than anywhere else. $50 for a rebore? workshops will laugh at you)
Otherwise a stock piston/cylinder size will do fine

if you want to hone it... or get it rebored you can send the bore to me i will get my local machinist to take it out a bit 1mm or something
worst comes to worst i do have a lathe

akunar said that he couldnt do it unless you send him your bore and he will bore it...
i dunno how much postage would be but it may be cheaper send it to melbourne to get it bored..

managed to find this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Cylinder...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27d09474a7 which looks the goods. $100 landed

Are C110 and CT110 bores the same?
Measure your bore...
height from the bottom of the sleeve to the top
diameter of the bottom of the sleeve (so it will fit into your cases)
the length of the bottom part of the sleeve is kinda important also...
also the wrist pin (as they call it in usa) the gudgeon pin is important to be the same size as your small end

well after a bit of mucking around it seems the cheapest viable option is to rebore my existing cylinder. Can't find a compatible aftermarket cylinder

I'm going 0.5mm oversize. Hopefully new rings alone will give me a bit more power to help with the hills
Thanks everyone

i have a wiseco 54.5MM here somewhere... i think i tried boring the cylinder for it on a lathe and stuffing it. get the pros to bore cylinders! it shouldnt cost more than $70! anymore is a ripoff!

i believe, after much hunting, that i found the cr150f piston would fit... i cant be sure, it was over 10 yrs ago!

15mm gudgeon was the sticking point.

or was that the 90?

yegods...

*shuts up*

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back