oil change ??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crim 87

Reaction score
hey guys did the first oil change on my bike filled it up with the new oil almost 4 liters and started it once i had filled it up and oil is coming out from a pipe at the back of the motor ?? have i just over filled it ?? and the engine is sounding a lil different now to like its not running right or something ??

Sounds like you put 3 litres too much in...

oh really shit the dude at the shop told me it would take all 4 liters god damn it

if its chinese, sounds like one, someone was trying to make a sale of four versus one litre of oil, and two, wanted you to kill it, so as to be able to sell you a new jap bike...wasnt a yamaha dealer by any chance was it?

um, did you ever stop to wonder what the dipstick is for? they dont include them with the engine for nothing, you realise...

im amazed you even got 4 litres into it...id say youve just rooted your engine...

yeah i checked the dipstick before hand to see the level. then after it seemed pretty full so tryed to start it but shit was coming out the pipe out the back ive drained about 2 litres from it and will try and start it tommoz hope all goes well and no it wasn't yamaha

do you reckon its worth totally draining it and starting again from scratch ?

4L .... wow !! :eek:

Yep, drain it & start again. Hopefully no long term engine damage. I've got a pitpro 125R and I use 900ml changed regularly.

aw man, that woulda looked sooo good on film!! 4 litres eh, maybe he figured you were going to do regular maintenance ;) and save you in the long run..

Great thread :) keep us posted as to how things turn out.. :D Get Pics and Video!
if you get it started.. be prepared for a similar situation.. not to that extent..but may be a lil smokey ;)
<embed src="http://videos.streetfire.net/vidiac.swf?video=19e2054c-0260-4bb9-8405-9b5d016249e6" width="428" height="352" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed><br/><a href="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/BMW-X5-Engine-Problems_201470.htm">BMW+X5+Engine+Problems</a>

Last edited:
hahaha 4L!!!! soz hard not to laugh... but its that wanker from the bike shops fault, if it dies tell the lad you killed my bike, give me one of your bikes in return (if its a jap bike shop) he he he :p good luck with your bike tho lol.

So when you removed the old engine oil, you didn't notice how little there was compared to how much you where told to put in it/ did put in it?

what i love about that video is they run it for over a minute in the hope it may just stop smoking....omfg....

this is a thread that shall just keep giving...

thanks guys will def know for future ref now what permanent damage can occur ?? i wana go back to the shop and have a lil chat with the dude that told me it was 4 litres

what shop was it? jap bikes? if it's jap bikes the guys gonna be laughing all day if you go back and tell him what happened. is the bike new or second hand? didn't you get the service info they give ya?

He probably asked the guy at the shop "How much oil will it take to FILL my motor ?"... instead of asking how much oil it takes to fill to the top mark on the dipstick ... So the guy (thinking about the overall size of a horizontal engine) has told him about 4 litres ... LOL ... A V8 car engine would take about 3 buckets of oil to FILL ...

So when you removed the old engine oil, you didn't notice how little there was compared to how much you where told to put in it/ did put in it?

i just thought the asian company would put hardly any in there cause they are tight arses i was only going on what the guy at the shop said ive never even changed oil on a bike ever

He probably asked the guy at the shop "How much oil will it take to FILL my motor ?"... instead of asking how much oil it takes to fill to the top mark on the dipstick ... So the guy (thinking about the overall size of a horizontal engine) has told him about 4 litres ... LOL ... A V8 car engine would take about 3 buckets of oil to FILL ...

na he knew what it was for i was there picking up the bike and he told me to get oil i grabbed the 1 litre and he said na grab the 4 it will take all of that

Latest posts

Back