Oil coolers. Check here FIRST!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're going to have to do something like dabomb's setup, or get rid of your battery, as its in the road. I would get rid of the battery personally and you may find u can use the battery mounts to mount the cooler. Those batterys are gonna have a short life anyway and will save having to shell out for another in the future.

Also be careful with that cooler you got. I think the supplied brackets are supposed to be bent to how you like and attached to the little bolts on top of the cooler. But I have heard guys complaining that the top and bottom chrome plate on them will buckle under to much bolt pressure and the rubber gasket you can see loses its seal and then... oil everywhere.

Just looking again, you may be able to cable the cooler to the front of the battery box...just have to see.

Lifan 125 Fitting Kitaco Oil Pump Question

hi, when fitting Kitaco high volume oil pump to Lifan 125 big valve engine do you have to enlarge oil feed hole to head with 2mm drill bit as you have to do to crf or xr50.Or is the hole big enough.

think about the word High Volume, if your fitting a high volume pump, its not going to work at its peak if the feed hole or holes are to small.

the thing is, is the oil feed hole on a Lifan 125 the same size as crf 50, it would be a waste of time if i pull the head and barrel of to find it already has 2mm hole. I am asking this question to see if any one else has seen the oil feed hole on a lifan 125 is it 2mm?

they already have good oil pumps mate, buy oil cooler or hp parts insted.

I have already got oil cooler and host of hp parts just brought oil pump thought i would fit it while i am waiting for new cam.

i wouldent have wasted money on it, should have bought more hp parts.
i've heard sometimes an after market does a worse job, coz the oil nipple is to small.

I dont know who you get your parts from but $20 does not buy me many hp parts. So you seem to think standard oil pump will be good enough to pump sufficient oil through oil cooler.

roost said:
So you seem to think standard oil pump will be good enough to pump sufficient oil through oil cooler.
sure do, specially when it already is a high flow.
check my engine work, and i've had no oil problems.

cool i will give it a go. Does any one else have an opinion on KITACO oil pump?

Yeah the big bore china motors have an oil pump three times the size of a honda. They pump out shitloads of oil. I nearly bought a high volume honda pump too when I first started mucking with these motors. Luckily I asked about them like you have before I did.

Oil cooler kit.

Hi i am purchasing a monkey bike as in my avatar that is registered to ride on the road, i would like to invest in an oil cooler kit as sometimes i will be riding for long periods of time, do you have to drill holes in the head for where the oil exits and enters the head ?

Engine is a 110cc 3 valve Zongshen, i know it isn't really a dirt bike but it shares the same motor as some and can be taken offroad =)

i doubt you will need it if your traveling long distances at speed...

the faster you go, the more air flows over your engine to cool it... ide imagine one of these chinese engines wud be fine on a road bike temp wise.

But if you really want it, the kits come with adaptors, dont need to drill anything i dont think.

The oil cooler kits usually come with a replacement cover with the hose fittings attached...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PIT-DIRT-BIKE-HONDA-MONKEY-DAX-OIL-COOLER-KIT-NEW_W0QQitemZ220020939656

7c_1_b.JPG

Do these kits have the raised ring section on the back of the side plate? as the 'cool' kits on ebay dont and they have to be modified.:confused:

oil cooler snapped off :(

i was just riding then and the oil cooler snapped off the frame and now it wont start

so u snapped the mount..did u rupture the oil lines on the oil cooler or where it goes onto the engine?

Latest posts

Back