OKO 26mm carbie problems

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wally69

Reaction score
hi all so i purchased 1 of them oko carbies about 2 months ago and it was working great up until the other day, i washed my bike after a good days rideing than blew all the water out of the wireing and cleaned the carbie like normal than sat it in the shed, the next day i went out to star my bike up and it took ages to start and when it finally started it was running like it was floaded bad, so i cleaned the carbie again and it still does it, so i put my brother's carbie on it and she started and ran fine, if any1 could pls help me id be very greatful.

Water in your carbie some where.your filter has water in it. you have dirt in your carbie some where.

Good chance there is water in the slide after washing it.. Tis a pretty common problem with the okos, they're quite succeptible to water. Give it a day or so to dry out, and try again.
Next time ur washing it, put a zip lock bag over the whole carb n filter, and put a bead of silicon around where the cable enters the carby cap..

Good chance there is water in the slide after washing it.. Tis a pretty common problem with the okos, they're quite succeptible to water. Give it a day or so to dry out, and try again.
Next time ur washing it, put a zip lock bag over the whole carb n filter, and put a bead of silicon around where the cable enters the carby cap..

make sure you start your bike after you wash it too..

if its got water in the carb or maybe further...in the engine.
imagine what damage it is doin by sitting for several days...

all i can recommend is you pull the carby off dis-assemble it completely and clean it and blow it out with compressed air...including the jets
when re-assembling it make sure the float valve is working properly..

hey guys, its defently not water in my slide cause i have pulled the slide off and soaked it in fuel after 2 attempts at cleaning the carbie an still no luck! i have pulled it down 4 times and pulled all the jets out and blew them out with compressed air every time and it still does it! and nah i never played with my needle height at all! i normally do start my bike after i wash it but it was too late when i got home so i couldnt, could there be any chance its cause of my carbie slide has a bit of ware to it?? like as in the chrome has worn on the edges!

WD spray all the electrics and make sure there isnt any rust on the magneto.

also check your earths and spark plug..

and if you can, confirm your carby on another bike..

nah man she wont run on any other bike and i put my brothers carbie on her the other day and it went like a dream. its doing my head in lol im thinking of just buying another1 instead of fixing this 1. im pretty good with these pit bikes due to i worked at a motorbike shop for 2 years and have worked on bikes since i was young and am a mechanic by trade and this has just f*%ed me lol

yeah it does seem odd..

but yeah you've confirmed it to be the carb at fault..

lets just run thru the basic's..
engine size?
mods?
jets installed?
needle height?
new spark plug?

sometimes the easiest things are overlooked, has happened to me in the past..

its a stock yx150
ill have a look at what jets are in it after tea
needle height is 2 from the bottom wich i found it to run best at when it was running
wouldnt be sparky cause she runs sweet with that other carb yeah?? well thats what i tought lol
yeah i know what ya saying, chinese crap lol oh and thanks heaps to man

its a stock yx150
ill have a look at what jets are in it after tea
needle height is 2 from the bottom wich i found it to run best at when it was running
wouldnt be sparky cause she runs sweet with that other carb yeah?? well thats what i tought lol
yeah i know what ya saying, chinese crap lol oh and thanks heaps to man

all good mate...

2nd clip from bottom is pretty fat.. and if ya havent changed the jets since you bought it then the main will also be too fat. they run 36 pilot and 100 main from factory..

but just confirm

yeah 100 main is border line rich on a 150.. 98 would be ideal..
id be dropping the needle and maybe the main and see if its the same..

and also what size was the engine you tried the oko on, or you didnt you only ried another carb on yr bike..

also have ya checked the float level, maybe try dropping it a mm or 2

Latest posts

Back