oko carb

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NSALT

Reaction score
Hi all new to the forum and the mini scene i got myself an x4r a few weeks ago with a 160ho been having a blast with it anyway i swapped out the molkt carb for a 26mm oko flat slide at the moment ive got 38/102 jets in it with the needle on the bottom clip with around 3/4-1 turn out on the mixture screw i cant turn the screw out any more with out it coughing and stalling when i stab the throttle. But it sounds clean from about half throttle though . question is should i go up to a 40 pilot or am i doing something wrong? or is it ok to have the mixture screw that far in? thanks in advance.

Go 36 / 102 jetting needle middle clip and start at 1.5 on the mixture ....your running to rich on the pilot and needle
Oko's are funny and tend to make you think it's running lean when it's actually the opposite
Sent from my HTC One M7

ah thanks alot mate i will give that a try tomorrow im itching to see how it rides compared to the molkt.

38 pilot clip in the middle or up 1. 98-100 main
Check your valve clearances because if they are slightly out the problem is exagerated by the bigger carbie.

Check for air leaks around the manifold as well I had the same problem my bolt was abit loose it

38 pilot clip in the middle or up 1. 98-100 main
Check your valve clearances because if they are slightly out the problem is exagerated by the bigger carbie.

yeah i agree, i'm running the same #38 pilot jet in my OKO 26mm, and around the same number main jet.
mine is fitted to a standard 150 Lifan,with a big bore 32mm exhaust.
no flat spots etc, awesome top end.

3/4 - 1 turns out on the mixture screw is ok,
if the rpm's peak before it reach's 1/2 turn out, then it needs a bigger Pilot jet, so you are borderline .

but you could always try a #40 pilot jet?

I've tried both 36 / 102 needle middle clip mixture 1 1/2 turns out works best for me try both there's no golden jetting it's what works and that's what works for me I had the same issues as you with the 38 pilot so that's why I mentioned going 36 /102 instead it fixed my issues up straight away

Sent from my HTC One M7

Went out for a squirt on the bike today after getting it were I could kind of ride it I checked the valves they were all good and squirted a bit of carb cleaner around manifold gaskets etc to see if I had an air leak that was all good. But still not running very well I tried a 36 was a bit to lean and then 38/100 needle in the middle clip with 1/4 turn out! On the mixture. Any more turned out it coughs and dies it revs ok with no load on that setting but under load when riding it pops and coughs until the revs build up like its to lean in the bottom.?

Oh and I sealed up the little tube where the cable goes thru/sits because it was a bit loose thought there might have been a bit of air leaking in thru there.

so i'm guessing you'll try a bigger pilot next ?

Yeah mate I will try a 40 pilot next it's all I can think of the idle hardly changes when turning the mixture screw in or out.

That's really strange 36 / 38 should be on the money try a 40

Sent from my HTC One M7

Yeah it is strange I just put the 102 main back in with the needle on the middle clip so it's now on 38/102 middle clip won't start it tonight Because the neighbours probably wouldn't be keen on it haha

Bro let me know how ya go pls I've been having the same problem

Just a quick question is the exhaust done up nice and tight, there is a gasket in there yeah as a exhaust leak will show signs of lean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Turn the mixture screw in because turning out will give you more air in turn more bog when you blip the throttle quickly. Here's a tip if the mixture screw is on the air filter side it is an air screw, if its on the manifold side it's a fuel screw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Turn the mixture screw in because turning out will give you more air in turn more bog when you blip the throttle quickly. Here's a tip if the mixture screw is on the air filter side it is an air screw, if its on the manifold side it's a fuel screw.
it's only a 1/4 turn out now though brendo.

nsalt,
i was just thinking, when you checked for vacuum leaks did you try spraying the fuel bowl to carby base join, where they meet?
i have fixed a couple of OKO's that had warped the bowls (overtightening), not allowing them to seal properly.
this causes erratic running, and is an often overlooked air pressure leak.

get the bike running and spray it, look for air bubbles

Nah I haven't checked the exhaust. I have noticed a bit of fuel mist come out of the carb when revved not sure if that's normal?

Latest posts

Back