one weird engine:D

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headsmess

Miniriders OG
Reaction score
my mate gave me this the other day...tzh152fmh...

just thought someone would get a giggle out of this....note where the gearshift usually is:p same deal on the other side where the kickstarter usually is....

image038b.jpg

LOL...

its a Elec start?

1 gear? thats pointless lol where did he get it from??

:confused: i dunno:p im either putting it into a mini chopper(which he gave me as well) or my lil mini quad(chop chop:p)

yeah, leccy start:)

ya done a autopsy yet????, interested to see what ya find

so am i:p might just tie it down and start it up over the weekend...who knows? it might have some fancy solenoid operated gearshift... or be completely automatic... but my moneys on just a single speed....

:p i dont have the coroners equivalet of a stryker saw, the flywheel puller for these kinds of flywheel....

maybe a sledgehammer?

either way...now im curious:eek:
! bastards!

Yeah I bought one a few years ago to put in a bike for my daughter to learn on ... They're a full auto electric start only 110 cc ATV engine ... I think it was made by Tianzheng Technologies Co or some weird name like that ... I got ours for $120 new on ebay ... Semi autos were as rare as rockin' horse sh*t at the time ... I think they've only got one gear ... they're way too light to have anything else in there ! ... I haven't tried it out yet ...

110ccfullautoATVengine2.jpg

110ccfullautoATVengine.jpg

yep, looks about the same but my starters on top....

i got it for the price of a fireplace i got from the roadside cleanup, so...its a score:)

did you get a strange manual in full chinese included?

yet to try this one out as well...ill let everyone know wtf is going on when i get round to it;)

No there was no manual with it ... The delivery woman carried the box to the door upside down so there was oil everywhere ... so I had to throw the box/carton away ... I got it from No1 Importer ...

Our engine IS a TIAN ZHONG and has the same engine # as yours ... It has a silver sticker on top with all the info in chinese except for TIAN ZHONG in red ... I remember the box having Tian Zhong Technology Co printed on it ...

They'll be great engines to let relos or their kids ride since they can't bugger the kick starter mech or trash the tranny ... That's actually the reason why I bought it ...

CHONGQIN TIAN ZHONG TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT CO:) the only english in the manual:p

stupid delivery peoples.... but definitely a great engine for the learners...i hope... really wondering just what the gear ratio is going to be....

TZH152FMH govenor

Hi,

I have 4 of these buggers on lynx dune buggys, would like to open them up and adjust the governors. If you know where its located on these strange engines would you mind humoring me :)

Thank you for your time.

Tim

Welcome to Miniriders,

this is a bit of a thread mine, it was started 5 years ago.

make sure you visit our Introduce Yourself thread while you are here too.

have one of these 110's in my sons dune buggy.
there is a governor screw on the underside of the accelerator pedal.they can also be governed by backing off the throttle cable adjustment just before the pedal too.

they go pretty hard when set up with a decent carby/manifold, Jakes' buggy get's about 75kmph top speed now
and i have some new taller tyres for it too.

cheers, Craig

Ok so update from the newbie, ha sorry for the commotion about governor. Got 4 new CDI race performance units, 4 new Air intake filter with mechanical turbo's. One Cell (Danny) flipped his twice, ripped the throttle cable from the needle housing. After throwing all the new performance parts on it runs almost twice the power it had before. Thank you all for the supportive feedback and help. There is a pretty cool and friendly community on this site. profile pic.jpg

Good to hear you had a bit of luck with the Performance CDI's, and Electric? Turbo.

They are both unreliable mods though, the electric turbo's restrict air, and basically don't do anything.
The performance cdi's can fail prematurely too, are they the finned alloy box style?
From what i can work out they are designed to be used on 2 strokes with the ignition advance changes.

The turbo is unique in a sense, its a marine small engine turbo, basically sits inline with the air intake and is nothing more then a fan that blows more air thru the filter. From what iv read on the web the performance boost cdi's do crap out from time to time, now what I couldn't find out is how to get this specific engine to run with out one. So I took the alternative until I do, better cdi unit. they were 16 bucks a pop. In the end the mods I bought for the dune buggies were inexpensive so if they do crap, it was worth a try.

Latest posts

Back