Oops I did it again, she played with my heart, Lifan 140cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rikchick

Reaction score
Soooo spent today driving out to the middle of whoop whoop to pick up a new bike, all I know about it is it's running, and it's very beaten up with a Lifan 140cc, and had a few mods/repairs.

Just googled the id on the frame and it came up as a China build - but that was about all I could find out. Apart from alot of scratches etc, it runs well, but needs new grips, New clutch lever, new air filter, New seat and plastics, I have to look at the chain adjuster bolt as it looks bent. I suspect it's been very hard ridden and possibly the whole front end rebuilt due to a big crash, hence the new handlebars, forks, clamps, throttle and engine cut off switch.

All this for only $150; I figure I can work with that and it steps me up from a 125cc..... :)

Anything else u guys can tell me about it would be greatful.

abygu4yr.jpg

7ytusyvu.jpg

atu4ahez.jpg

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Reps ++ I did the exact same!!! Hahahahhaa....but it was a nice drive with the pregnant soon to be wifey! She enjoyed it...and the bike fit in the back of her car!

Yeah you'll love the 140!! Take a photo of the engine number just above the left foot peg!

This is what I got! Said to the guy can you do $170 since it was a trek to cover the petrol asking price was $200. He was like yeah no worries!

^^^^^^ good work man! I did all the driving today and the Mr and kids slept the whole way, we had to contend with some ****house traffic around Byron though, 2hrs to make a 40 min trip!

I'll go check out the engine number now

Ok well no joy, the engine number looks like it's been painted over....

tenygejy.jpg

And the plate is unreadable....

u9ydyrur.jpg

And it has Kendra Carlsbad tyres, back is about 50% and front about 30%...... But has cracked crank house....

it has KLX110 style plastics and seat, they'll be easy enough to get off ebay.
the engine is a Lifan 140 too, can tell by the side cover and clutch set up.

the front swing arm bolt looks like something is going on there? have a look at that before you ride it!
either they have replaced the bolt with one that is way too long, or it has a broken off the head on the other side
it looks like it's got a Mikuni copy 30mm on it too, bit big but might be tunable with a couple of jets

the front swing arm bolt looks like something is going on there? have a look at that before you ride it!
either they have replaced the bolt with one that is way too long, or it has a broken off the head on the other side
it looks like it's got a Mikuni copy 30mm on it too, bit big but might be tunable with a couple of jets

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's a mikuni copy carby, it runs pretty nice how he's got it set up actually, don't know if he tuned the jets already maybe? Thanks for picking up on the swing arm bolt, I was looking at it wondering if it was just me, but we did bloody look at it in the dark by the time we got there today! Inspection by torchlight, Spose I'll be able to have a good look tomorrow... :)

9a8u7u6u.jpg

So this is the bolt on the front swingarm, wtf is this thing....??? Should I change it out for a smaller bolt?

the thing that would worry me is catching my boot or angle on it and doing some damage to yourself.

if you loosen the nuts, try taking the spacer off,
you may be able to cut the bolt shorter if there is enough thread there.

otherwise measure it up and go down to a blot place and get a new one (High Tensile) a couple of washers and a Nyloc nut fot it.

Cool, will have a look see what I can do, also, I 've 3 pittys, all of them, when I start, check kill switch off, choke if needed, then kick start, this thing won't fire doing this..... He started it first kick last night, now I can't get it to go.... Is there anything easy that I'm missing?

K, so pulled the carby out and cleaned it out, it's got 35 & 97 pilot jets, and when it wouldn't start I msged the guy I got it from and asked if he had any tricks to get it to start, and his reply was "give it some gas" so I turned the throttle then kicked it over and it went straight away, but wouldn't idle, so on to tuning the carby, the mixture screw was screwed out about 6 turns, I turned It back in to 2 turns out, and like magic, it idles, but then to get the idle speed back down, had to turn it back out to about 5 turns...... So thinking I need some smaller pilot jets?

the Pilot jet sounds way too big?
they run a #20 standard, but you might need a #25 to tune it ?

with the mixture screw set at 2 turns, did you try backing off the idle speed screw (central to the slide) ?

if that doesn't drop the speed enough,
then the throttle cable may be adjusted up too much at the throttle on the bars ?

Hey, yeah I think I'll be going for maybe a #25 to start with, I didn't try adjusting the ilde speed screw, cause Im not sure where it is on this carby, after having a good look round, I think I may have found it, but can't access it without taking the carby off.....

Look at this pretty gold rim that this idiot has spray painted over black...... All the paint started coming off when I was pressure cleaning it, what's the best way of getting the paint off?

uduzu9y2.jpg

some enamel thinner might clean it off,
otherwise take the wheel off, then the tyre/tube off and paint strip it
but don't leave it on too long it may affect the anodising

the mixture screw is underneath the carby at the front,
the idle speed screw is on the r/h side of the carby

Yeah I was worried about using paint stripper cause I didn't want to damage the rim...

[/QUOTE]the mixture screw is underneath the carby at the front,
the idle speed screw is on the r/h side of the carby[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, such a noob..... I'll try adjusting the other screw tomorrow :/

Latest posts

Back