Oops I did it again, she played with my heart, Lifan 140cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jusury6e.jpg

Ok, next issue to tackle, back brakes, they were loose as all hell so tried taking the caliper off to check out the brake pads and what not, and the bottom bolt is stuffed or something, I was watching a few utubes and they all only had 2 bolts, the bit at the bottom is stopping the caliper from coming off and I suspect it's a broken bolt or something?? Any ideas how to get the caliper off??

jusury6e.jpg

Ok, next issue to tackle, back brakes, they were loose as all hell so tried taking the caliper off to check out the brake pads and what not, and the bottom bolt is stuffed or something, I was watching a few utubes and they all only had 2 bolts, the bit at the bottom is stopping the caliper from coming off and I suspect it's a broken bolt or something?? Any ideas how to get the caliper off??

You should be able to take the whole plate off but it will require taking hte back axle off. Cant tell much from the pic!

y4amyvuv.jpg

Here's a better pic now it's daylight :/ didn't really wanna take the whole rear wheel off to get it off..... But will if I have to...

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Ok, so took the whole caliper setup off, it's pretty stuffed..... I have a spare but the bit that connects from the master head to the pedal is shorter than the original....can I swap them over and how?

Ok, so took the whole caliper setup off, it's pretty stuffed..... I have a spare but the bit that connects from the master head to the pedal is shorter than the original....can I swap them over and how?

Yeah I had the same problem. Some of the brakes are 8mm lines and some are 10mm...you can swap the whole system over if you have it, probably the easiest option really! So whats up the the caliper? Can you just replace the brakepads? If you can get it off?

on the bottom of the rear master,
is there a screw on cover that slips on from the bottom ?
if so undo the 2 screws and it will come off easily

if not, pull the rubber boot down,
there should be a circlip and washer that holds the rod into the bottom of the master

how much shorter is the replacement one ? some have a bit of adjustment at the bottom too

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I ended up just changing the caliper bit that holds the pegs, took the hose off at the caliper and changed the master for the original one.... :)

The caliper was so buggered, the clips that the pads load into were totally snapped, the whole thing had been really badly treated and was missing the bleeding cap and screw, best to have a nice 2nd hand one on there that actually works, now I just gotta hope I put the axle and spacers in the back wheel all back in the right spots :/

The caliper was so buggered, the clips that the pads load into were totally snapped, the whole thing had been really badly treated and was missing the bleeding cap and screw, best to have a nice 2nd hand one on there that actually works, now I just gotta hope I put the axle and spacers in the back wheel all back in the right spots :/

Yeah its pretty hard to put them in the wrong way....you'll be fine!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

Glad u have confidence in me :)

Well I have two sisters, nuts and bolts are easy!! Bleeding the brakes is where it starts to get interesting! I'll have to do a video on it, I've got it down to a fine art with minimal loss of brake fluid! Actually I'll have to compare methods with Craig I think. I want to see how a professional does it!!

I watched the braaap video on YouTube on how to bleed the brakes, was pretty good, that's my next job, tomorrow....

Ok I'll try to explain through txt!

So open the top of the rear master cylinder.

Look in it and see how much fluid is in there, probably a little at the bottom, if you're lucky!

Oh no air all through the line...dont stress!

Fill up the reservoir to the top. Then slowly pump the rear brake pedal, look out it might squirt a bit, dont want any brake fluid in your eyes! MAKE SURE YOU WEAR SOME SAFETY GLASSES!!!

So there will be bubbles coming out...as you slowly pump the brake pedal! Looking into the reservoirs where you're pouring your DOT 4 brake fluid.

Keep pumping it and the bubbles will go from big, and get smaller and smaller and smaller. Until you pump and it looks like fiz on the top of a glass of coke!

Once you're at that stage its time to release the bleed screw. This is where the 'trick' comes in. So undo the bleed screw until it drips out the end, you want NO leaks from the thread of the bleed screw. NO LEAKS...just drips. Its usually finger tight to get it to the right point once you have nipped the bleed valve off!

Now to pressurise the line. Its easy, so its dripping out of the valve nothing else. Put your finger over the valve. Fill the reservoir to the top, while holding your finger over the valve....then pump the rear brake lever. Keep your finger over the valve to NOT let air back in but let it pump out the brake fluid against a little pressure.

You dont need to keep looking into the reservoir it will drain a little while you are doing this so make sure you keep filling it up as you go. Do the same thing, top open, valve open slightly, finger over it with enough pressure to stop air going in and brake fluid coming out as you're pumping that pedal slowly and topping up the brake fluid making sure it doesnt get more than half empty in the ressy.

After its all the same colour coming out at the bottom and in the top. Nip the bleed valve back up, fill the ressy back to the top and screw on the top back on. Brakes will be perfect!!

Last edited:
Cheers mate with give it a go, I watched my mate do it, once..... Now with step by step, should only take me 6 hours.... Lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sometimes it is easier with the rear caliper off and hooked up near the seat with a piece of wire,
and it needs to have the bleeder nipple at the highest point
but you need to make sure you fit at least a 4mm spacer between the rear disc pads.
otherwise it will push the piston out of the calipers

and it can be harder on some bikes when the rear hose is higher than the rear calipers.
the air wants to travel back up the brake line towards the master

some rears calipers are designed better than others too.

i use a one way valve on the calipers when i can ($6 brake bleeder kit)

Latest posts

Back