Oops I did it again, she played with my heart, Lifan 140cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have you tried spraying the joins from carby to manifold, manifold to head with it running, use crc,wd40 etc
if the idle changes then there is a leak.

when you set the mixtures,
did you raise the idle speed up to about 1800rpm and adjust the mixture screw to get it running at it's fastest/smoothest point,
then when you are happy, drop the idle back down to normal

Yeah, did the wd40 trick, all good, and yeah, pretty happy with how I tuned the carby, turned up the idle speed, I don't have anything to measure the rpm, so I just turn it up so it's running, the adjust mixture, and then turn the idle speed back down....

I will turn it out a bit more and see how it goes though..... It's already at 2 1/2 turns....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And Stoozo, the join at the muffler / exhaust looks ok, bit rusty but not terrible

It's a 26mm actual Mikuni..... :) haven't checked the jets or anything yet, IAMTG said he thought it was running 102 and 20 I think from memory and only used it a couple of times on his bike

I was just reading back on this thread, and it's actually a VM26 mikuni..... Not sure if that's any different

Gday Riki and all. The carby was off a new Blitz (copy) running the Loncin water cooled 250 so the jetting is not the standard pit bike, it was definitely 100 main and 20 pilot.

I used it once, had it running sweet but was not overwhelming.

Riki from the sounds of it the pilot is too big if the air bleed is 2.5 out already and still too rich. Will need smaller pilot and have to wait for a plug chop for the main. They are genuine Mikuni jets with the little square in square symbol on the jets, so go for Mikuni if you by more.

Although it doesn't affect the bottom end much at all, the needle was set 2 up, so you could drop it down to lean it out if needed.

Good luck

Hey, so I played around with it again tonight after work..... I have eradicated the popping, I'm about 4 turns out on the mix, so I need a smaller pilot jet. It's running well as is, no popping, idling nicely.

How important is it to get a smaller pilot if it's running as is? I mean, do I have to rush right out and get one, and then go thru the whole tuning it again, or can I just run it as is? Will it damage the engine or carby running a jet too big?

Was just down at my usual riding spot with the family..... Got booked by the cops, trespass, unlicensed and unregoed...... ****tards, someone reported us, nothing better to do with their time obviously, just out having some good clean fun with the kids. So it's back to the farm for rides now, which means loading them all up on the trailer every time we want to got for a spin..... So pissed off right now

ynuvevem.jpg

Little family pic, before the cops came, taken by the 6 year old :)

Was just down at my usual riding spot with the family..... Got booked by the cops, trespass, unlicensed and unregoed...... ****tards, someone reported us, nothing better to do with their time obviously, just out having some good clean fun with the kids. So it's back to the farm for rides now, which means loading them all up on the trailer every time we want to got for a spin..... So pissed off right now

Ah thats really really ****! Is it private property of council/crown property?

It's developer property...... They are developing it for a housing development...... It's huge...... So privately owned, and I don't think the developers will press the trespass charge, I don't think they really care, just poofters who are jealous!

Yeah that sucks, honestly if you were on 'private property' the cops cant really do you for anything can they? Id have a look into that if I was you ring legal aid, its free to ring and talk to a lawyer and they'll tell you the deal! Beats paying a fine, really I though if its land like that all the cops can do is kick you out....guys up the hill do that, told me they have a full track set up, will ride til the cops come and kick them out!!

Last edited:
i don't think they could prosecute you for unlicenced/uninsured unless you were seen riding on the road.
even then, the witness would have to testify in court

Well, I'll be looking into it on Monday cause they've slapped us with an unregoed/unlicensed fine.... They said the trespass will be up to the land owner.....

Well, I'll be looking into it on Monday cause they've slapped us with an unregoed/unlicensed fine.... They said the trespass will be up to the land owner.....

Thats complete BS if they said you were 'trespassing' then its private land they cant do you for no rego and no licence, the fact that they said you were trespassing means they cannot prossecute you under the road/vehicle act....hahahahah...its like riding in your own back yard but not yours....someone elses....this stuff happens all the time I hope you get off scott free....sounds like the cops were just pretty sht to me!!!

Ok, I have another question, I got some new cheap monster grips for my bike, and yesterday while I was riding, the one on the clutch side actually came off it was so loose, anyone ever used something like grip glue or have another method for keeping them from slipping off, or moving around?

Most people run wire around their grips, I've never bothered though. Just get some light wire and wrap it around the grips tightly and cut it so theres no points or sharp bits that can get your hand while riding

Latest posts

Back