OORacing- are these dudes serious

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sean01

Legend Spanner Spinner
Reaction score
I have preaty much that setup, 18.9 hp run 19.1 hp run then head gasket went again. Back on the dyno thurs & friday :) i'm guessing/saying 18-18.5hp consistant runs, not one offs.

hhhhmmmm maybe at the fly wheel but still i doubt it sounds like bullshit to me

I have preaty much that setup, 18.9 hp run 19.1 hp run then head gasket went again. Back on the dyno thurs & friday :) i'm guessing/saying 18-18.5hp consistant runs, not one offs.

where are you measuring your HP...counter sprocket or flywheel?..

also on a 26mm carb?

every dyno is different, 19hp one one dyno could be 15 on another.

YES YES YES - every one is different!

I use the same one over and over so i know my gains/losses. Been tempted to go to a different one but i get this one for nothing :)

i know all dyno's are different, and you should always use the same one.

while 19hp is far from being accurate (dont take that the wrong way) it can be used as an advanage.
because every little improvement would be seen on the graph while with a dyno that shows a less reading its not going to show you the little improvements..
and lets face it 1 hp is noticeable on these bikes

im sure mrbrnz can sell you and EDC and it will give you quite alot of HP gain at the rear wheel....

haha i love your little name mrbrnz

Its funny how when everyone states they have a mikuni VM24 or VM26 they also have to state whether it is genuine.

Bloody china and there blatant disregard for the word patent and intellectual property, now the world is riddled with copies and knockoffs, how would you know what you are buying off the internet or even from a shop in some cases!

im sure mrbrnz can sell you and EDC and it will give you quite alot of HP gain at the rear wheel....

haha i love your little name mrbrnz

haven't you seen CRF50's pre and post EDC graph? LOL
and if you love my screenname you'll love me car, guess what my plates are?

Its funny how when everyone states they have a mikuni VM24 or VM26 they also have to state whether it is genuine.

Bloody china and there blatant disregard for the word patent and intellectual property, now the world is riddled with copies and knockoffs, how would you know what you are buying off the internet or even from a shop in some cases!

You dont! And thats why so many ppl get screwed with cheap shht imatation crap! I brought a so called set of pioneer headphones, Almost an exact replica, however, for me i couldnt understand why it didnt have a stereo mono switch when it was supposed to, so i did some research and found it was fake, got my money back got the seller booted from ebay and managed to warn 3 other buyers buying the fakes off different sellers. Bit like the fake mikuni carbs, unless you have seen one before on know something is missing you wouldnt know! Cheap ass scumbags!:mad:

lol whats even funnier is half the retailers dont even know there selling fake items...

only buy from trusted sellers, and if your unsure shoot them an email...i always do..

The venturi of a genuine VM Mikuni should be equal to what size the carb is claimed to be ...

A genuine VM-28 measures 33 mm x 23 mm oval on the air filter side of the venturi and is 33 mm round out of the rear ...

With carbs you add the venturi width to the height ... then halve it to get the true area in round bore size ... ie 33 + 23 = 56 ... Half of 56 = 28 ...

A genuine 22 mm Keihin measures 24 mm x 20 mm oval on the air filter side of the venturi and is 24 mm round out of the rear ... 24 + 20 divided by 2 = 22 mm ...

A "26" Mikuni as sold on ebay measures 25.5 mm x 18 mm oval on the air filter side of the venturi and is 25.5 mm round out of the rear ... 25.5 + 18 divided by 2 = 21.75 mm ... They have 22 stamped on the mounting flange and are well known to be 22 Mikunis over in the US ...

A "26" MOLKT as sold on ebay and supplied with YX150/160 engines measures 24 mm round on the air filter side of the venturi and is 26 mm round out of the rear ...

A 24 Mikuni as sold on ebay measures 24 mm round on the air filter side of the venturi and is 28 mm round out of the rear ...

The MOLKTS have the same 24 mm venturi size as the 24 Mikuni but are 2 mm smaller out of the ass end ...

What makes me laugh is the fact that scores of people think they have a "26", "28" or even "30" mm MOLKT ... Yet when actually physically measured , they are only 24 mm when compared to a genuine Japanese carb ...

"30" mm ebay Mikunis measure 30 mm x 22 mm oval on the air filter side of the venturi and is 30 mm round out of the rear ... 30 + 22 = 52 divided by 2 = 26 mm ... and they've got 26 stamped on the mounting flange ...

Maybe Rider456 could measure his genuine VM-26 606 Mikuni to verify the measurements ... I'm guessing they'll measure 26 mm round on the air filter side of the venturi and 28 mm round out of the rear ? ... A carb can only be sized by the smallest area thru the venturi ... NOT the biggest ...

My mikuni TM33 measures.... 33 funnily enough :D

My molkt "28" isnt 28 as stated above haha.

+1 vote cactus for your mother

OKO's have venturi diameters that measure the same size as their stated carb size ... but they're slightly bigger at the rear ...

What does your MOLKT measure just in front of the slide Daimo ? ... I've checked out 4 different carbs and they all measure the same ... 24 mm ...

I suppose the only REAL ways to be dead sure you're getting a genuine Mikuni carb are :

1) Don't be stingey and baulk at the cost ... You're most likely to get sold a faker when the price sounds too good to be true ...

2) Buy from an authorized Mikuni dealer ... such as Mikuni Corp , SUDCO OR A Jap bike shop ...

ill measure it after wrk, but yeah i bught mine from SUDC and gt it shiped over from the states :)

Faark me! You are just full of usefull shht Cactus ;) do you have a life outside these bikes? If i ever need calculations or measurements seems like your the one to ask! :)

Latest posts

Back