overthinking and over thinking

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fauvelol

Reaction score
new to the scene of minibikes and im looking for something that'll go hard without being prone to breaking, that being said im not going to do 65ft jumps like ive heard of some people here doing.
ive seen the bike budget page and as i stated.. im overthinking and over thinking.
...no really, its killing me.

$3,700 Budget +/-
Decent from the box or semi-good with upgrades
**** me up fam:deal:
Suggestions welcome. Go!

Last edited:
Welcome to Minirider's,

Easy answer,
go for the Pitsterpro LXR 190cc, $3299 ride it as is, perfect to ride anywhere, or even race it stock.
They come with decent fork's atm too, upgraded to Marzocchi's, and also have free freight atm too
PitsterPRO | LXR Nitro Circus Edition | DAYTONA ANIMA 190F Engine | Buy Online Australia at DHZ
No need for upgrade's, but you could if you felt it was needed.

PITSTER-02.12.DAYTONA190.jpg

That's what I was leaning towards, but at the same time I don't necessarily want something stock or factory so to speak. I'd like to make it a bit unique or personal for my own enjoyment as I'll eventually be upgrading whatever I can on this bike.
what would be the first things yous would personally upgrade or replace right away on the 190lxr to increase reliability and power? Carbies etc? I'm not the mechanical type so I'll have to read into your answers.

First thing I came to think of was the Elka on rear & front zocchies but since the forks are free upgrade I can't really complain and my wallet can't either.

There is only a few things that you can do before you go into the crazy side of modding on a Lxr. They are pretty much bullet proof out of the box. Although first thing i would do is upgrade the carby to a Keihin Pe28 and put a uni filter on to match the carby.
Other then that there isnt much to do.

If you where racing i would say go the elka straight away. Although if you are just going to muck around on it the Dnm shock is more then enough.
The Zocchi forks are a good upgrade straight away and youll notice that they are really nice to ride with.

Other then that if you get one strip it before you ride it and put loctite on all of the bolts. They like to rattle loose.
Cheers

I'll post & ask more about performance parts that fit this bike when I get home from work.
I'd like to make it a monster :aetsch: .. when I get home from work.

Thanks for the replies, big help
Cheers.

buy full blown done up jap bike :)
Get 12k klx for 4grand , just saying...
Sure ive seen em out there for sale :)
Do it right the 1st time
this is what i dont get bout all people on here, fellas looking to get into minis and eveyrone recommends some shinny new china bike..
Go figure ? haha

buy full blown done up jap bike :)
Get 12k klx for 4grand , just saying...
Sure ive seen em out there for sale :)
Do it right the 1st time
this is what i dont get bout all people on here, fellas looking to get into minis and eveyrone recommends some shinny new china bike..
Go figure ? haha

Where the hell do you get a 12 grand KLX for 4k? Wake up and get your hand of it as your dreaming!! hahaha ;)

Disagree with you Bretto, that China bike would blow the wheels off your 12k KLX build and that's the truth. Those 190 motors are animals and reliable as in a good package. Your way out of the loop on how far China's have come in the last couple of years.

Come take a ride of mine next Sinister event mate. You will be surprised I can tell you that.

For a bit over 4k you can have zokes an elka and linkage rear end.

haha 12 k might of been a bit off the mark , but i know for 3500$ 4k could get a pretty much the best 2nd hand jap you could find is buyers market at moment.
New bike gunna lose alot of value soon as its walked out the door , and sure hes gunna throw more $$ at it as you do.
Blow the wheels off maybe ? but for how long?
just trying to show is other ways to go about it, hes cofused haha needs some help poor fella, just trying to point him in the right direction :) haha you know me :)
Guess another thing to think about is what type riding hes going to be doing?
Hes in newcastle so is some good bikes in his area :)
is nice crf50 88 race head clean as looks brand new haha 2k in newy on fb page
I know of crf70 zokes elka takie 124 reeg swinger 2.5k that be close to 12k to build if could find parts :)
is bikes out there :)

Yeah what sort of riding would dictate what to get.

A lot of big bike mx tracks down here so linkage and power are good. If you were riding SX type tracks or tight stuff then KLX would be the way to go.

These are Daytona motors mate. They are reliable as.

Yeah there are some nice rigs going cheap. I don't get people that sell those bikes that have had a lot of money in them. They never get it back. Would rather have them in my lounge room. haha

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and comment, but if I were to go as far as buying a jap bike I'd buy a big bike :eek: gave me something to think about.
I'm not going to be racing but with this being said I'd like any problems or breakages on the bike to be due to operator error and not mechanical. Who knows, maybe I'll get into racing or something alike later down the track(excuse the pun).
With the carby someone suggested to replace on the lxr seems to come standard, would replacing it with KEIHIN | PE28 Race Carburetor | Buy Online Australia at DHZ be the way to go? And if so what would have to be changed in order fit it or make sure it runs smoothly?

Yeah that is the genuine Daytona PE28 conversion, although the manifold doesn't fit the Daytona 190's it only fit's the Daytona 150.
The adapter that come's with the PE28 kit will fit onto the standard Daytona 190 manifold though.
You might need to replace the air filter too, if you do fit a Uni Filter
You also may need to rejet it,
so will need a couple of smaller/larger pilot jet's, and a couple of smaller larger main jet's too

Sorry I totally disagree with the daytona motors being anywhere near reliable lol

I've seen 3 190 crack their cases, all been looked after by monkey guys with correct starting procedures

And my 160 killed its head
Gone through two stock clutches already

And the engine is only 3 hours running time

Last edited:
I have seen 1 head damaged like that ^, but it was due to the valve clearance's not being done before he fitted and ran the engine.

What part/s failed on your clutch's ?

How did you come to the conclusion that it was due to valve clearance lol considering its a common fault that daytona know about and replace it.

It's common on speedway bikes

The clutch basket is garbage and the gear is brittle

How did you come to the conclusion that it was due to valve clearance lol considering its a common fault that daytona know about and replace it.
It's common on speedway bikes
The clutch basket is garbage and the gear is brittle

Hmm, I will have to contact Daytona to see if my engine is on their faulty batch of head's list, no problems with it so far

Nah that's what the owner was told, read it on an Italian forum.
I think there's a thread showing a damaged daytona head somewhere on PM too

My basket had a chipped gear, 6 or 7 teeth where chipped/missing from the gear when i bought it (20 hour's old)
But mine is a non decomp 190F

We're running 53mm crank and she revs to the moon
With MBF billet gears with better gear ratios in 2nd and 4th

Don't get me wrong, the anima is a great engine
Needs constant maintaince and stock valves are trash lol

Was told to check retainer to guid distance but it was fine at full reach of the rocker also the seals wasn't touched

Can't see why valve distance will cause the head to fail so il rule that out but thanks for the input

Last edited:
So the KEIHIN PE28 Race Carburetor would just screw in inplace of the standard carby that comes with? wont need to purchase anything else to get it on there?
ill read into jetting as i have no idea what it is :banplease:
im still yet to add gear, pipe, bars and some other things to my shopping list. :eating:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back