Painting Head

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rien

Reaction score
Just wondering what will happen if I pain my head with some quality spray paint?
What should I do to prepare for spraying? I don't really need to spray it, I just want to know what I should do and if it's okay to do so :)

Cheers.

a head will get extremly hot so unless your using paint that will withstand the heat forget about it

Engine Enamel & High Heat

something along the lines of this would be the go and i think it is about 20 ~ 30 at bunnings

not sure bout the prep work i would say remove the old paint and the clean it good and the apply the above stuff acording to the directions

It's better to leave heads bare alloy for better cooling ... You can clean up alloy parts and get a good plain cast finish by scrubbing with wet Jiff cream and a scrubbing brush ...

It's better to leave heads bare alloy for better cooling ... You can clean up alloy parts and get a good plain cast finish by scrubbing with wet Jiff cream and a scrubbing brush ...

+1

Get a little wire scrubbing brush ( $2) , some scotchbrite pads ( $2) , some 600 grit sand paper ( $5) and some briteshine cotton polish ($10) and get into it and you'll have a trick looking semi polished head in no time!

Highly reccomend Briteshine cotton polish and sctochbrite pads , I love this stuff. It can make any sad old engine new again!

Yeh.
My head's looking pretty sad.
Cheers for the info.
I also read somewhere else that if you spray it, you spray it in really thin coats becuase it cant heat properly, so thats what you guys are saying.
I think i'll take your Cactus Jack and unit_mx :D

Cheers

The bare alloy look is the "In" thing dude ... :cool:

Latest posts

Back