PBK's X4R build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbk

Reaction score
After seeing so many build threads and now that I have done a few mods to my x4r I thought it was time to do my own.

so here are some pics of it when it was just about stock

P1090121.jpg

P1090116.jpg

P1170111.jpg

P1170110.jpg

in the pics you can see that a red billet throttle on it and a oko 26mm carby

after smashing my hub I needed I new wheels, after seeing Revolution MX start up his business I went to him and bought a new wheel which considered of alloy rims, blue billet hubs, brake discs, Millville tyres and rim locks at a price of $280 which seemed pretty decent

Broken hub
P4180011.jpg

and here is sort of current pic, all thats missing is the v2 head and billet lever

IMG_0179.jpg

Current list of mods

• Red Billet ¼ turn throttle
• Pitster Pro billet clutch lever
• Billet hubs
• Elka rear shock
• Protaper bars
• Pitster pro 7/8 bar clamps
• Black plastics
• Protaper grips
• Rk chain
• Oko 26 flatslide carby
• V2 head (not sure what cam)
• Tb piston

Future mods

• if I don’t have a s35 cam one of those
• porting to the v2 head
• BBK if I want more power which I think I will
• Exhaust system not too sure yet but I do like the look the of the fmf 4.1 or one of those yoshimura’s
• Sticker kit more than likely from Magic SC
• Zeta levers if I can get them to fit
• New bars??
• New rims that will lace to my current hubs, im thinking either those silver rims on DHZ or 7075 rims
• New front brake system as mine is rooted looking at the new dhz D-pro system
• Tyres, my millvilles are rooted from today
• Some bling but not too much

I’m sure there is more that I want to do and will add to the list in the future

Feel free to express your opinions and to give me suggestions on future mods

Thanks PBK

i thought i would add i went to this track today and the thing 4th pinned with a 14t front and i think 41 rear and it was fun but i still wanted that bit more power so im thinking porting and a s35 cam would help? maybe a 28mm carby like a oko flatslide or maybe a mikuni TM flatslide?

sounds good pbk
tell me if the zeta levers fit might try them on the lxr

as stated its a future mod and i dont expect to get the the levers in the next few months, i want to concentrate on important things like power and brakes

looks great mate..
hows it perform now with the V2?

also i noticed you still have the center piece in the muffler.. unscrew the end cap and the center should unscrew.. if not then grind it out..
iv heard a few people say it can give a small bit of performance..

sorry MV24 i stole a pic of your FB..

pbk you can see the exhaust center missing here..
62007_1351025109704_1653683559_799956_7643496_n.jpg

oh yer i dont have the centre piece in there anymore those pics were taken when i first got it

yer it pulls heaps harder with the v2 head but i did expect more so im guessing it dosent have a s35 then cos they sound like they are the bees knees

also with that exhaust centre piece i found it to actually screw the muffler end up as it creates more back pressure and its actually moved the little screws that hold it in place and has now made slots in the exhaust can, i think this also happened because they become loose really easy even when loctite is applied but i suppose this wont happen if i have a fmf or yoshi

its gonna be a weapon when its complete! looking forward to seeing the end result.

I would get the s25 cam seems to be a better all round cam. Alot of people think the s35 cam is best as it gives the "most" power when really its just the highest peak power. But power is not always just related to just the highest point in the curve...

I would get the s25 cam seems to be a better all round cam. Alot of people think the s35 cam is best as it gives the "most" power when really its just the highest peak power. But power is not always just related to just the highest point in the curve...

That's a fair statement but im pretty sure i already have a s25 and im still looking for the extra punch, so maybe i should look more into a BBK and port job?

Looks great mate, loving the current look!

i reckon it looks alright but it still looks a bit plain it needs a sticker kit of some sort

i reckon it looks alright but it still looks a bit plain it needs a sticker kit of some sort

Looks sweet as, i found a Huntington Ink kit on eBay US (Carey Harts Tattoo shop venture) that would look sweet as on yours!

Sorry mate, thought i added it to the last post.

the link is for crf style, but i been told this company can make custom also.

i reckon this kit would look sick as on yours!

AMR GRAPHIC DECAL KIT CRF250 250 R 04-09 HUNTINGTON INK: eBay Motors (item 360304405619 end time Oct-26-10 01:40:47 PDT)

yer they do have a klx 110 kit but im not overly rapped in it

AMR GRAPHICS STICKER KIT KAWASAKI KLX110 KX65 KX 110/65: eBay Motors (item 130432366535 end time Oct-15-10 19:12:11 PDT)

depends what style riding ya do , i loved the all up top power of the s35 . get it ported to .

exhaust ported and good exhaust and maybe 28mm carb would be pretty prime.

i thought i would sort of bump this thread

i got bored and made a up list of some of my future parts i wish to upgrade

the price list i made up is rough and not very accurate but it gives me something to go off, also it is not in order to what i will be getting next, i am also considering having my rear swingarm painted but that will be at the end of the track if i do, i also want to get the lxr hubs anodised the same green as the monster energy kx250f's hub's colour and the rims anodised black, im also open to your thoughts on the parts and my plans

Pitster pro billet brake lever = $65
lxr wheel set = $360
fmf exhaust = $350
graphics = $80-200
BBK = $300
Mikuni TM28 carby = $150
TB manifold = $75
port job = $100
front break kit = $90
gear lever = $50
BBR kickstarter = $100
Red Baron stator cover = $150