Perimeter Midsize Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not sure if you sorted out the brake pedel?
this might fit?
http://www.miniriders.com.au/mini-classifieds/28934-midsize-155z-bike-part-out.html#post299026
P8140049.jpg

Havent sorted the brake pedal yet, still on the list of things to do.

That one wont fit as the pivot bushing is too long and the angles are all out of whack, I think I will need to either fab one up or buy a bbr or similar one. I was hoping to get an over the top one to work but it doesnt seem like the clearance it there on the 155z engines, would be a different story on a klx engine but that just wouldnt fit in this frame without major modification of the engine mounts.

Apparantly the distance between two rear mount holes on the KLX110 skid plates is 90mm which is the same as the crf50 based engines,

From what I gather they are off to the side, so its either a cut and weld job or hopefully I can tap a couple of new holes into the cradle on the frame.

Apparantly the distance between two rear mount holes on the KLX110 skid plates is 90mm which is the same as the crf50 based engines,

From what I gather they are off to the side, so its either a cut and weld job or hopefully I can tap a couple of new holes into the cradle on the frame.

Wouldn't it be easier to drill a couple of offset holes in the bash plate? ;)

*Edit - Scrap that, I just had a better look at the bash plate... I guess the only way to find out exactly what you'll need to do is to get them both together so you can see how everything lines up :)

Last edited:
Pretty, much, I am sure it will work one way or another, I am hoping they are offset enough so I can just drill and tap the cradle, but if that fails then I will look into other options.

If anyone has or knows where you can buy an exhaust for this frame could you please tell me, I have been searching and searching without any luck, apart from a couple of overpriced china ones on ebay, but for $200 I think I will just get the real deal and go with a bbr or twobros.

Shoot akunar an email. They will custom build you one. Dunno how much though

Never thought to ask Akunar, and thanks maslin, thats the cheapest I have seen that type of exhaust, I kinda want to get a 32mm pipe one though.

You can quiet them down by changing out the packing for steel wool and placing a large washer in the center of the muffler to force the exhaust fumes to actually go into the packing. The straight through design is what makes them loud, might as well have just an open end.

Im tossing up what to get exhaust wise I have the following options:
1) BBR copy, 28mm header for $75 shipped
bbr.jpg

2) Twin exhaust, I guess 32mm header for $180 shipped.
twin.jpg

Pros and cons, I want a 30-32mm header, but they seem to be very expensive and mega rare, I also cant justify shelling out more than $150 for a chinese exhaust which has had no R&D at all. The twin would be different and cool, but adds weight, heats up the shock more and I have heard they actually make less power. The BBR copy is just that, to many of them around so it kinda is crap looking nowadays and the 28mm header could be restrictive with future mods.

You can quiet them down by changing out the packing for steel wool and placing a large washer in the center of the muffler to force the exhaust fumes to actually go into the packing. The straight through design is what makes them loud, might as well have just an open end.

Im tossing up what to get exhaust wise I have the following options:
1) BBR copy, 28mm header for $75 shipped
bbr.jpg

2) Twin exhaust, I guess 32mm header for $180 shipped.
twin.jpg

Pros and cons, I want a 30-32mm header, but they seem to be very expensive and mega rare, I also cant justify shelling out more than $150 for a chinese exhaust which has had no R&D at all. The twin would be different and cool, but adds weight, heats up the shock more and I have heard they actually make less power. The BBR copy is just that, to many of them around so it kinda is crap looking nowadays and the 28mm header could be restrictive with future mods.

You could use exhaust wrap to eliminate that maybe

I will be using exhaust wrap regardless, but as the saying goes, two is always better that one, especially in heating. That would be even more weight with the twin, I think I am leaning towards the single for the time being.

I say a custom Akunar pipe!

Ask him for pricing, you might find it's not much more expensive than the twin setup :)

Finally got some new triples and also a GPX rear brake system from DHZ. A little modification to get the master cylinder to fit onto the frame and presto it fits. Now I have to modify the rod to the pedal as its way too long.

Anyone got a lathe? I also need to weld up some extra thickness on the head stem and then turn it down to the right size as both bottom and top bearings are 0.5mm too big. I have a lathe but its currently not working. I am willing to pay a reasonable rate, it will probably be 10mins work for someone capable.

Update,

I have mounted the rear brake, It is a GPX system from dhz, I am impressed with the quality and it seems bulletproof, complete with calliper guard. I had to space it out with some washers to clear the swingarm and also drill out one of the master mount holes to give me a 40mm c/c spacing to get it onto the frame, but its on now.
rearbrake.jpg

Now I need to modify a brake lever and the brake rod to fit. I will be using a over the top brake pedal like this:
PitsterPro X4R Rear Brake Pedal - DHZ Mini Moto

I have also gotten the pegs on, they are real grippy, I am kinda scared they will be tearing my shins apart in the future but I am really happy how they sit and when sitting on the bike (balancing carefully as there is no wheels yet) it feels really comfortable.
peg.jpg

And here is a quick picture of the REAL carbon fibre ignition cover
Carboncover.jpg

Still on the list:
Exhaust
Triple clamps
RM85 Front brake
Carby arrangement

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back