Perimeter Midsize Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the front brake almost sorted, but I am having issue with the disc mount bolts fouling on the bottom fork leg. Could someone please tell me what the length of the wheel spacer is meant to be, I am using a 25mm which puts the wheel dead centre between the legs, but doesn't provide enough clearance for the bolts to pass, or what bolts are people using, I am thinking a countersunk bolt will fix the problem but the discs aren't countersunk.

I am having the same issue Phil...ive bought a few different rotors and i am using 12.9 grade button top allen head bolts these miss the lower leg by 1mm at most, as i said ive bought a few different rotor (still waiting on one to arrive) to try and also correct the problem Are you using the proper rotor bolts with the shoulder on them? the rotor im waiting on has these with it, fingers crossed it will solve my prob..

Silly question Fused....are you sure you're using a front rotor and not a rear?

Reason i ask is that Ive noticed all the specified fronts Ive bought are counter sunk, but the rears aren't..The rotors i bought that were not specifically front or rear (mainly wave style) were not counter sunk..

Hope this is of some help...

Last edited:
yer i had the problem when i put a different wheel/rotor on mine . because it had different pitch for the rotor mounts , i had to use different bolts , i went to the bolt shop and got some countersunk ones and they still hit , they stuck out a mm if that.

It can get very tight in there.

lol i cant believe you cant see anything wrong with using a coke can as a spacer

Here is a pic of the problem with the rotor,
brakeprob.jpg

the rotor could be a rear as it is the same as the rear as I wanted to keep the same look, I am needing to buy a 210mm rotor from DHZ so hopefully that comes with countersunk holes.

This is how the bike stand at the moment.

Bikecomplete.jpg

all that is needed now is final touches on the brakes,
New rear shock,
Sort out the carby,
Attach Exhaust
Graphics
Bash Plate

Man I am pumped that this thing is soooo close

Last edited:
countersink the disc and use bolts like these
Socket_Countersunk_SC_300.jpg

pretty simple fix ive done it on a few of my bikes

lookin good

Your primmy build is looking awesome. You should if you havent already brace the turning stop thing under your headstem. I've already snaped mine off twice and the crashes wern't even bad. when i got mine welded up i got them to brace it. I suggest you do the same because they snap off so easy being aluminium and all. Here's a pic of what they did to mine.
DSC00020.jpg
[/IMG]

How does it go now? Snapped it lately? Maybe I will tap a bolt into it to strengthen the whole lot up, thanks for the heads up.

hey fused, where did you get your brake pedal from? can you throw up link if possible cuz im keen to bend one up for my primmy build

Had it lying around from another bike, I think dhz sells them, you will also need some sort of spring, and lots of patience as mine took nearly 3 hours of heat, bend, check, repeat till it took on the shape that was needed.
I am also going to get a brake snake to help save my cases in the case of it trying to bend into the engine.

Where did you get your exhaust from, I thought I had one nailed down and then the seller got back to me a month later saying he could not buy any himself, there are a copy on ebay for about $120 but I am yet to hear back from them whether it will fit the frame or not as they are advertised as 50 frame exhausts.

How do you find it goes? and how did it fit up? any problems? I am tried a crf50 based exhaust on the weekend and it seems that the problem can be fixed with some filing and cutting hopefully.

well i had a yx 150 in it which has a crf50 exhaust port so there was little to no adjustments to make it fit. i haven tried to fit it with a 155z but im picking up my z160 tomorrow :action-smiley-033: so i'll tell ya how i goes with the exhaust

what about the length did the exhaust bolt up to the subframe all fine? And how does it go fitting past the shock and carby?

it was slightly too long so i had to make a little bracket to put on the muffler and it doesnt touch the shock unless its loose.

picked up a second hand bbr exhaust and also have taken care of the shock, a dnm remote reservoir. Should be interesting how they both fit.
Only a few more finishing touches and then a tune and should be good to go.

Latest posts

Back