Perimeter Midsize Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got it for a good price, but Im not telling.

Does anybody have any info on the dnm shocks, can they be upgraded in any way, I weight 90-100kgs, plus gear, What spring rate should I run, I dont want a soggy shock but want to stay away from a pogo stick too.

get an elka! they are the same price off ebay as a dnm! but if u want the dnm id just get it, ride it and if u dont like it change the spring or even get the shock revalved!

already have the dnm coming, the elkas will be too long as I really want something between 275mm-280mm.

already have the dnm coming, the elkas will be too long as I really want something between 275mm-280mm.

I rode on a DNM MT-BAG for the first time yesterday... Admittedly it was motard so I didn't get right up it, but the standard 1000lb spring is waaaay too stiff for me (70ish kg). I had the compression as soft as it would go and I still couldn't get enough pre-sag or movement out of it (even under relatively hard cornering). Hopefully that means the stock shock should be good for you :)

I guess it depends a lot on the geometry and setup of your bike too, so it is very hard to say. You'll just have to bolt it up and play with the clickers/pre-load. Which model did you order?

Exact same shock I'm running...

For banjo bolts, give DHZ a call, otherwise a local bolt shop might have something for you ;)

(If they don't you can always drill a bolt out to suit.)

Here is an update, I am getting so close that I can not wait to jump on this and go for a ride.

Here is a couple of the bike as it sits currently
Bikenearlythere.jpg

BIKEALMOSTTHERE.jpg

All that I need now is my exhaust to turn up, A brake snake, some oil cooler lines as all of the ones I have tried so far havent been right, and a front brake line guide.

I have some graphics on the way so that should get it looking more complete too.

I am getting really excited, all the hard work is starting to pay off, there has been quite a bit of custom fabrication to get everything sorted and how I wanted it to sit.

That thing is beast!!

I am looking to do the same sorta thing and was just wondering where and how much did you get the frame for?

Cheers

What have yo got left to do? looks pretty close to being done! good job. Like the green :D

I picked up the frame from Fusion Powersports but they have since shut down and this was one of the last ones they had, there are still a few around just gotta keep your eyes open for them. They usually go for about $300-$400.

As for what I still have to do, I posted that before, just a few minor touchups and mount the exhaust

Cool as.
Were you getting your graphics from.

Cheers. Andrew

Getting graphics from ebay, the sik110s ones with skulls, they seem to be pretty good however a few people run them already on here.

just bought a small filter to do a head breather line, will be using a brass fitting and the original cover.
Where does everyone mount them? I dont want oil spewing out (not that I think that will happen) just want to see what is usually done.

JUst fitted my bbr exhaust and finally started the bike for the first time, really excited. Couldnt go for a ride as I am still waiting on some oil cooler lines so I only wanted to run the bike for a short period as I am scared the oil is not circulating with no lines.

Can anyone confirm this? Do you need the oil cooler to be attached?

Pics are on the way...

yeah doesn't circulate without it cause it needs oil from the engine into the cooler then out the cooler into the engine again so yeah it wont be good for your engine but i guess if you want to run it for a while you can bypass it so you have oil going into the cooler but not back out into the engine again but that wont do your engine any good either

Id just wait for your lines

Cheers Andrew

Just put the graphics on the bike and installed a head vent line.

Pics to come,

Quick question, does anyone have any tricks to keep unifilters on. I have tried putting the clamp in different positions but it slips off over night, Last thing I want is to be flying down the track for it to fall off resulting in the engine copping a huge gulp of dirt.

Im having the same problem with mine....would also like to know :)
Just put the graphics on the bike and installed a head vent line.

Pics to come,

Quick question, does anyone have any tricks to keep unifilters on. I have tried putting the clamp in different positions but it slips off over night, Last thing I want is to be flying down the track for it to fall off resulting in the engine copping a huge gulp of dirt.

my filter used to to do that on my CRF, but it only happened when I got filter oil on the inside of the rubber seal of the filter. make sure the inside of the seal is clean and dry, same with the back of the carb when you put clean filters on. Sticking to that I havent had an issue since. Hope that helps ya boys

EDIT : when I apply filter oil, I put the filter on the end of a clean metal broom handle to prevent oil coming in contact with the inside seal

Last edited:
I tried mine without any oil on and it still did it? :/
my filter used to to do that on my CRF, but it only happened when I got filter oil on the inside of the rubber seal of the filter. make sure the inside of the seal is clean and dry, same with the back of the carb when you put clean filters on. Sticking to that I havent had an issue since. Hope that helps ya boys

Latest posts

Back