Petrol Scooter Information

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jakus

Reaction score
What is a good brand and model petrol scooter to buy. If you can help can you also tell me the pricing and if there are any stores in Melbourne where I can purchase one. My price range is roughly $500-$1000.

Jakus

those sort of dollars, you arnt gona get much of a scooter...
best place to look is ebay and trading post.. trading post will also list shops..

are you talking about a homocycle moped kinda thing? or more like a motorized razor scooter?

if your thinking of a non homo scooter, and more like a razor petrol scooter than go-ped are the best around.. But other than that, just get a Chinese one..

But can someone tell me what are goodbrands and took get a half decent one how much would I have to pay?

im guessing you havent read the above posts...

we are having a hard time working out what your on about lol

just simple info like what is a good brand and what model and a rough price range

just simple info like what is a good brand and what model and a rough price range

mate your clearly not reading the replies people are putting up...

NOBODY HAS ANY IDEA OF WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT...

and to the above..
why import one , they are available in aus... small wheel deals in lawnton were selling ones like that a few years ago

Last edited:
mate do you want a moped type thing or like a push scooter with a motor

simple question..

goped or moped?

type A-this is a 'go-ped'
super-gsr46r-large.jpg

or
Type B-this is a 'mo-ped'
aprilia-scooter.jpg

for type A.. try..
Goped® AU - Go-Shop
Goped Scooter
Extreme Toys Australia - Motorised Scooters, Electric Scooters, Motorized Bikes, Mini bikes

for type B..try..
Scooters Scooters, Piaggio, Vespa, Gilera, aprilia and SYM Scooters Brisbane > Home
Google ;p

but did you know..
*snip from Vicroad website*

Miniature motorcycles/ monkey bikes
A miniature motorcycle must not be used on public roads, footpaths or nature strips because they do not meet registration standards. Whilst a miniature motorcycle can’t be registered, any person who rides it on a public road without a valid motorcycle licence is committing two offences – driving an unregistered vehicle and driving without a licence.

Miniature motorcycles can be used on private property but there are serious concerns about the safety of many of the models being sold. Consumer Affairs Victoria banned the sale of miniature motorcycles that do not meet safety standards. For information visit the Consumer Affairs Victoria website and search for ‘Monkey Bikes’.
also..

q:I sell monkey bikes over
the Internet but I am
located outside Victoria.
Must I comply with this
ban order?
a:Yes, any supplier selling monkey
bikes into or within Victoria must
comply with the new ban order.
Q:How do I check to see if
the monkey bikes I
supply comply with the
ban order?
A:If you have no qualified
mechanic or expert on staff, you
will need to engage a competent
mechanic to check your stock
on your behalf. Supply of noncompliant
stock carries
significant penalties – fines of up
to $25,154 in the case of an
individual and $62,886 in the
case of a corporation.
taken from: http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/CA256902000FE154/Lookup/CAV_Publications_Product_Safety_OLD/$file/monkeybikes_faqs_suppliers.pdf#xml=http://search.justice.vic.gov.au/isysquery/irl4dbe/1/hilite

Its not just a simple task of 'importing it' and being done with it when you think about things in the long run...

Now praise me you mofo..

Latest posts

Back