Piston replacement - not starting

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjizza

Reaction score
So I had a valve actually snap in the middle of riding so it of course ruined my piston and my head. I got a new head, new piston, new gaskets, new seals, everything new. I am 100% sure I timed it right, I am definitely getting a spark, but it still won't start. I got it to backfire in the middle of me kicking it if that means anything. Please help! I don't know what else to do

^^x2..

I replaced the head on my car recently and went to start it.. backfiring thru the carb and not actually firing.. turns out I had the dizzy 180* out.. worth checking.. obviously you wont have a dizzy as such but check the timing lol..

Yeah sounds like cam timing out ... he's probably bent a valve as well if it's too far out ...

A lot of people do the ol' 180 degree out trick on car dizzies ... Foolsp33d ...

cool dude. thanks guys. I'll check it out later on today and let you know what happens. and hope my valves aren't bent haha

that video says if my cam sprocket is 180 out it shouldn't matter and it should run anyway...I'm about to go check and see if I am a link off or something...

yeah dude...i checked it out earlier and it's all good and lined up right...i don't know what else it could be

im having same type trouble just put tb 88 kit 20mm carb kit hv oil pump and manuel cluch on my 50 and all time is wirght tryed to start it wudent go so put choke on and it strtwd but reviinng the f@#$ out so turned it of lol and idle screww wirght out and trotle cable is wright.

hav you tryed the basic lik getting fuel and idle screww ect.

yer i was thinkin that but i thought that the cap only screws on when its wright way that shal be first thing i cheack wen i get home

^^did u make sure the little notch in the carby when in to the slit on the slide?, when the slide is in right you shouldnt be able to see it from a angle.

hmm might just be the carbi isnt tuned?? or the valves arnt adjusted right???

Latest posts

Back