Pit Bike Frame Destruction Pics

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For some reason I thought Zaks bike was an MSO but I must have got them confused. MSO had the same frame on some of their models around the same time didnt they? The frames had that same weak spot above the engine mounts?

Yes some MSO models had a similar or the same frame ... The SDG type twin "pipe" cradle frames broke because they were weakened by the holes drilled thru 'em for the engine mount plate bushes ... They should have been rosett welded all the way around ... but even that would still have been weaker than the original welded on engine mounts on the non cradle SDG frames ...

As time has shown ... Pitster , Motovert , DHZ , Pitpro , Atomic etc all went to a genuine twin pipe frame (real pipe at the bottom instead of stamped out fake half pipe ... LOL) ...

z1179.jpg

Even the best frames aren't unbreakable!

Scary to kinda look through this and then think about how at any point while riding, it CAN happen.... makes me wanna get rida my china frame asap !!!! hahahaha

Which part of the frame are the cracks starting to show? Did you buy the bike new and how much use has it had? Do you jump it big?

You could get in contact with Ken to let him know and see what he can do for you and what frames he has in stock.

When a frame fails its not always the total fault of the frame itself. Shit suspension or poorly setup suspension is also to blame because it puts a lot more stress on the frame every time they bottom out.

I wont hijack this thread, I'll take photos of the cracks tonight and then you guys can let me know what I should do. I havent jumped it big, I have done a few jumps around york (WA) track when i went up there once but apart from that its all bush track riding.

Gazza that pic is a classic, +reps for posting it up and +reps to anyone else that posted up pics.

This has made me feel sick about riding

The last thing I want is for people to get scared off riding Chinese bikes or any other bikes just by looking at a few random pics. Some of the failures are caused by extreme force and awkward points of impact but some others are from poor design.

Just to show it doesnt matter if its Chinese, Japenese, American or European heres another big bike failure from the Europeans.

fc8577de.jpg

8cc5197f.jpg

wow i have never seen one break there before

took 2 80+ kilo blokes, and 4 hours of hard riding/jumping to do it.

strangest part is, when i rebuilt it i checked all the welds. ill be gusseting the arse out of it now :D

MSO frame from one of their older models: This was a common problem with these frames which were also on a few other brand bikes. Photos courtesy of Snitchy and his son Zak
shitpics008.jpg

shitpics007-1.jpg

That looks like the bike i got, same sticker kit and burn in the plastic, and a shitty weld there where it cracked lol

Nice work. Cool pics mate. Spewin if it were to happen to me yho.

Latest posts

Back