Pitpro 140 spluttering and shooting flames???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott_87

Reaction score
Hi all just wanted to see if anyone could help.

I have a pitpro 140cc running an oko 26 mm with a 96 main and I think 38 secondary, I've just recently put on a new lead but when changing the plug I seem to have threaded the spark plug thread in the head, I managed to start/created a new one by slowly screwing in a out.

But as you could get since then she hasn't been running right. I start it she idles high but I check the screws on side (both) play around with them she idles fine I cruise around with it but she misses and splutters big time. I then give it some and big back fires and flames.

My question is there anything else apart from head/spark plug that could causes this? And yes I've taken the carbie apart 3 times to clean.

still think its your plug dude, go new head, and new rider, coz we all know you ride like a lil girl

Wow you'd be embarrassed then, have to use the honda 250 and still can't keep up with me.

Yeah that'd be right wait till mine aint running right until the challenge comes out lol
:aetsch::clap:

stop *****ing guys, we are here to help, not see who's better..
Try a new head because your sparkie is wrecking it

with your bike running spray a lil bit of aerostart around ya spark plug you may have a air leak there causing it to run lean but not to likely also spray some aero around where your intake manifold seals to the head and carby to check its not leaking there either.my only other guess is try some fresh fuel and a new fuel filter.when you fitted the new spark plug did you kick it over a few times and see how strong your spark was?

Jammo me and Scott are mates so don't come in here and you talk ****. Did you offer solution???? No.. So shut it

Well you kinda did... But not really :) anyway see ya this weekend Scott :)

BOYS no need to fight over me. Sorry me and Sneezy our mates and its only friendly banter. Yeah might get a heli put in it but first have a weekend of attempted ridding to do.

pull the head and do a valve leak down test.. maybe its got some alloy melted onto the valve seat causing the valve to stay open...

with the head reomved and the valves on tdc with clearance on the rockers fill each port up with fuel and see if the ports hold there levels.

valves may require removing, wire brushing (same goes for valve seats) then re-lapping in.. lapping paste and stick can be brought from super cheap or repco for stuff all.. make sure you finish the lapping in with the fine grade paste..

Ok so head has defintely gotta come off to get the thread fixed so while off I'll check others. LOL in saying that I've never done it before so I will more then likely be on here asking questions coz I'm swearing and cursing while the old man and me are trying to fix.

Ok so I've spray wd40 around the plug while starting and can't see any leaks. Have taken the head off and from what I can see (without really knowing what to look for) the valves seem in good nick.

You said about doing a leak down test how does one perform these? And also whats tdc?

no pic?

leak down test is when you position the cam on top dead center (both valves shut, cam gear dot at 9 o'clock) and then poor fuel into 1 port at a time and see if it will leak past the valve and empty the port..

photo.jpg
[/IMG]

Cleaned up the valves with some sand paper flush the head out with fuel, wd40 over all electronics (specially CDI and Stator) put all back together and after playing with the mixer for a little seems to run sweet.

Ok been a bit of problems since this. First started putting everything else back on thought I'd try kicking it over to check things out, what do you know the exact same problem. I decided to try electrics so bought stator, magneto and CDI. Installed them kicked it over but same problem.

I noticed I hadn't tightened the bolts/screws on the stator properly and my screw driver bits were falling out so did the old tap it in with hammer and turn, silly me watched my hand and not the bit it jumped out and theres now a whole in the motor.

I've given up and bike is in the hand of Sneezy's brother for a transplant.

yz250 here I come

Ok been a bit of problems since this. First started putting everything else back on thought I'd try kicking it over to check things out, what do you know the exact same problem. I decided to try electrics so bought stator, magneto and CDI. Installed them kicked it over but same problem.

I noticed I hadn't tightened the bolts/screws on the stator properly and my screw driver bits were falling out so did the old tap it in with hammer and turn, silly me watched my hand and not the bit it jumped out and theres now a whole in the motor.

I've given up and bike is in the hand of Sneezy's brother for a transplant.

yz250 here I come

i can only imagine how hard you were swinging that hammer.. takes a lot of force to do wat you've said...

its only a small hole from a flat head, on the bottom casing where its the weakest

Latest posts

Back