pitpro 140XR reviews

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i will do this to my new bike aswell not sure what to get i want a mso sr but dont have that kinda money so might get a 140xr

Good luck. Does the 140XR have the reb+comp adjustable forks? I reckon non-adjustable forks (and shock) is a fun killer. Basically zero chance the dampening will be right for you from the factory.

Im to lazy to write a proper review but i will make up for it with a fw pics.
IMG_0136.jpg

Hey anf355, you need a mud flap! Look at your shock and spring. See also: http://www.miniriders.com.au/forum/tech-talk/15882-air-intake-snorkle.html#post148241

If your hand grips are those hard as hell blister factories, then cut em off and put some softies on there. ;) eg: SDG dual compound grips.

Last edited:
yeh ino that but i dont have $2500 when i can get almost the same bike without the good forks and rear shock for 900 delivered if i had the money i would get the sr

im getting a new bike soon do u guys thing i should get this or do you think the 140cc big bore

Last edited:
yeh ino that but i dont have $2500 when i can get almost the same bike without the good forks and rear shock for 900 delivered if i had the money i would get the sr

Well I agree the 140XR looks like great value. But I dunno about "almost the same bike except" for the shock and forks. I am not trying to start a competition of any kind here. Just thinking of your options to get the best bike for your $.

Possible diffs neglecting the suspension:
* The SR is surely a larger bike (if that matters) with the slightly larger frame, swingarm and fork length.
* The SR has nice brakes. 140XR brakes okay?
* 32 vs 28mm exhaust.
* Carbie type? The Mikuni 24mm on the MSO aint bad.
* The trelis frame is probably strong enough for most people.
* Besides the size and suspension a significant reason I liked the MSO SR was the potential for good handling. ie. The frame is as far as I am aware the same as in the vert-pro and pitster 08 and the MSO triple clamps appear to be close or a match in geom. The MSO SR bike turns and straight lines pretty good as far I can rate it. The steep steering rake on some (or most) minis turns me off. I'd imagine they be very twitchy at speed on serious bumps, and stiff rear springs and often poor suspension add to the handling/geom problem of some/most mini frames. I must admit, I am just going my looks and reviews I've read.

Can you find someone with an 140XR to do a try before buy?

Hey sorry, I guess that aint very helpful "advice" when you are low on fun tickets. Maybe you can buy a SR frame direct from MSO, and maybe a swingarm, and triple clamps. But where to stop? Forks, shock. Whole bike. Like you say probably the best solution is to enjoy what you can.

Last edited:
yeh mate ino what you mean and id luve to get the sr i like it alot but the pitpro seems pretty good for the money as i have about 1k not 2.5k and im only looking for a decent bike i have a dhz 140 atm but they are the lower class... better chinese bikes if uno what i mean lol

they are in the better quality chinas but at the bottm lol its hard to exsplain i think you will no what i mean

id love to try one of these bikes before i buy but noone around me has one i dont think

also whats the seat height of the sr cant find it on there site???

also whats the seat height of the sr cant find it on there site???

I'd have to measure it again. I cannot remember. Best guess would be about 810mm I think. Don't quote me. I'll measure when I can for you.

Well today i did a 90km ride (2 tanks worth) following some mates through some seriously tuff fire trails (my old TTR250 strugled in some spots there) and the little PP came through with flying colours and no broken parts. Did one huge hill climb about 200m long with a 80-100m ascent litered with rutts and bog patches and she pushed up there in 2nd with out an issue even had to use a bit of rear brake to keep the front down enough to atleast use some steering imput:p

All in all after todays ride if a 100kg rider can keep up with big bangers on a 140cc bike it cant be too bad. i also changed the fork oil to 7.5w motul shock oil and it made a huge difference. the only thing lacking even for dirt work is the front brake (and i have done a fluid upgrade)

With a bigger front brake kit i can see myself having alot of fun with it in MX and motard trim:cool:

I cant wait my pitpro 140xr should come through on monday.

Do you get instructions on how to assemble it?

lol you dont need instructions dude all you do is put bars.pegs,front wheels on its just bolts and nuts to get tightend but it will come with instructions

it's been 5 weeks, and my 140xr still hasn't seen dirt! it's driving me insane!!
Although, i have been doing a lot of sideways work on it lol.

Hey All. I'm Gettin Into the Pitty scene and im lookin at a TDRMOTO bike its a larger frame and wheels version with a 140cc lifan with oil cooler like most are. Just wonderin what everyone thinks about The TDRMOTO's. They seem to have better parts and seem to be better quality than anything on ebay. It's not gunna get a hardcore floggin just small jumps and gunnin around the joint.

Ah the pitty pro, done me good so far and goes good whatever i throw at it!!!
Me bad boy and dont use much clutch to changem gears but pitty proer she bin good to me brudder! see bike boy profile images.

hi guys,
i went rogue there for a while, had heaps on and been overseas.
just doin a catch read. Yeah gonna give the bending springs a go on the exhaust, better than my solution. Yeah i read somewhere b4 someone asking about steering rake being tight, yeah is a bit but i dont find it as bad when u get going, i think the small wheels is what makes it harder, i was thinking of going bigger wheels, but i guess i defeats the purpose of having a pit bike for me cos i already got a big bike.
I am waiting on some green plastics in the mail, i will post some pics of it when it all slaped together again, should look ok i hope.

anf

Latest posts

Back