pitster pro 160 oil sling HELP!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

el pro50z

Reaction score
oright guys so i heard this disgusting noise coming from the clutch side cover when i was riding yesterday. rode back to my car and today i took the case off to have a look. the oil sling had cracked and was destroyed heres some photos and can anyone suggest the easiest solution to getting me up and running

any help appreciated, cheers el
IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

yer does anyone know why this happened tho and in the cover its looks pretty hammered, will need a new cover?

that was a faulty oil slinger cast i would say, wouldnt worry to much bout it happening again but it does happen, on the 140s they were a 2 piece slinger that were pressed together and would see them seperate a bit. I think the section that is worn on the casing shouldnt be a prob as there is a small piece that has been ground off but not sure if it will affect anything, id go for a new slinger and just try that

thanks for the help man yer i just grabbed a new gasket kit from dhz but I'm struggling to find a new slinger i might call pitsterpro tomorrow surely they'll help me out!

Make sure you call DHZ or send them a msg as they have more stock than they put on the website mate. And if they dont they will get it from PP for ya, surely.

They do that. Crappy 2-piece things return to 2 pieces. DHZ had some nice 1-pc aluminum ones that hold up well.

Latest posts

Back