Please help exhaust issue ?!?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomaszBurcon

Reaction score
hey everyone our neighbors have been complaining
from my bike being to loud ;)
so my parents said they might buy me a new pipe !!!
so i was wondering what is a sort of quite pipe for a crf50/88
excluding the stock pipe !

thnxs

prob wont get a very quite pipe other than a stocko pipe, and with 88kit a stock pipe prob be louder than on a 50cc, could pick up 1 cheep bike will still go ok prob even go better down low,and if ya on a tight track will be fine, could just keep your other pipe if going to race or ride somwhere where noise dosent matter

look for one with an insert that quiets it down, but remember a performance pipe with an insert in it that quiets it down to an acceptable decible level aint gunna be noticably better than a stock pipe

wont get a quiter pipe than a stock 50 even with an insert on a aftermarket pipe.
If means you can still ride just get 1.
Pc pipe is prop up there with the loudest pipe so im guessing fmf prop be pretty loud too.
Goto remember a 88 is going to rev a bit more than a 50 so prob going to be a bit louder too?

yeah i know the pipes are going to be pretty loud but will they be any quieter than a kitaco pipe ???

hi, i dont know if it helps much
but i have an Atomik 125 and when im tuning it and riding around home, i just remove the rear muffler and put a washer with a 13mm hole in it with the same od as the pipe and slip the muffler back over it and do up the clamp. i cant really notice much of a power loss, if any.
it quietens the exhaust down about 25%, my muffler is a modified china one.
the neighbours havent complained since....and the price 10c or so from bunnings, cant beat that!
when we go out riding i simply remove the washer and it's back to being loud again.

another idea, a guy on ebay from melbourne? sells a muffler tip insert which has been CNC machined to fit and comes in a few different sizes too.
he reckons it quietens the exhaust around 20 decibals and actually gains some bottom end torque too
he sells them for $25, you just slip it in the tip and put a self tapper screw though the new tip and your existing pipe. easy enough to remove it when you are out in the paddocks or track etc
i tried looking for him on ebay a month ago but he hasnt been selling them lately? or i have been looking in the wrong place

mate u are better off going with the stock pipe man and do that washer thing my67xr mentioned would be your best bet all those aftermarket pipes are gunna be louder

dep made a pipe that is actually quieter in db's then the stock pipe

if someone has one that would be your best bet

Latest posts

Back