POWER!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ATOMIKRIDER22

Reaction score
hello all id just like to know wwhat i could do to get more power out on my atomik 150 because im bored and want to spend some money
(but no too much)

Cam, carb, compression. The usual.

TB300 for all-around, Z40 or Tak R20 for more up top. Decent springs with either, to avoid float. The Tak is available in a decomp version as well, making starting nicer.

TB 57mm piston. Bore in to stock jug if you have a GOOD local machinist, or by the jug & slug kit.

26/28 legit carb, again depending on where you want the power. I like the Tak or Kitaco long version manifolds.

A little port cleanup while the head's off helps a fair bit, along with a decent 3-angle valve job and 30 degree back-cut on the valves.

Guessing you've already done the flywheel mod for easier starting, less kickback, freer revs?

Adding a 3mm stroker pin, for 66mm stroke, adds a big fat lump of torque that'll let you pull some long gearing.

If you still are keen to spend, The Tak +R head has 30/24.5 valves, aluminum roller rockers, and will rev to the moon.

I can do this all day;) Some where in there should be what yer looking for.

Cam, carb, compression. The usual.

TB300 for all-around, Z40 or Tak R20 for more up top. Decent springs with either, to avoid float. The Tak is available in a decomp version as well, making starting nicer.

TB 57mm piston. Bore in to stock jug if you have a GOOD local machinist, or by the jug & slug kit.

26/28 legit carb, again depending on where you want the power. I like the Tak or Kitaco long version manifolds.

A little port cleanup while the head's off helps a fair bit, along with a decent 3-angle valve job and 30 degree back-cut on the valves.

Guessing you've already done the flywheel mod for easier starting, less kickback, freer revs?

Adding a 3mm stroker pin, for 66mm stroke, adds a big fat lump of torque that'll let you pull some long gearing.

If you still are keen to spend, The Tak +R head has 30/24.5 valves, aluminum roller rockers, and will rev to the moon.

I can do this all day;) Some where in there should be what yer looking for.

your too ace now im on google trying to find out what all those things do hahahahahaha
thanks

to add to Terry's info, you can also get a custom head and the 57mm or even 58mm bore kit from akunar.com.

they have various cam and valves sizes available.. they come with heavy duty valve springs too..

also i'd add a lifan 150 outer rotor kit..

to add to Terry's info, you can also get a custom head and the 57mm or even 58mm bore kit from akunar.com.

they have various cam and valves sizes available.. they come with heavy duty valve springs too..

also i'd add a lifan 150 outer rotor kit..
Hi Sean, Have you seen the akunar head? Is it a different casting than the Lifan-YX type big valve head?

The ones I've seen were the screw-in cap Zonger version, but otherwise similar. They may well be a completely different deal now, and not have the floor dip of olden days. The 28/24 ones were a decent bolt-on.

Latest posts

Back