psto pit bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Get an OKO from DHZ as they have quick and cheap postage and the OKO's they sell are genuine unlike many other places.

2. I was running a Molkt on mine (with the wrong manifold mind you) and it ran like crap. Hard to start, would stall regularly, horrible in general. Since getting an OKO she runs like a dream!!!.

3. No sorry I do not know personally but check these threads:
VIC - Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

4. Yes these bikes can take a beating. Just make sure you:
-SET up the suspension right, may mean changing fork oil and/or rear spring stiffness.
-RUN the engine in
-DO the valve clearances regularly (.003 inlet, .004 exhaust)

5. 26mm refers to the carby inlet size? correct me if I'm wrong. But basically bigger carbs are suited to bigger and more modded engines. The 26mm OKO is perfect for a stock or lightly modded 160, so don't get a bigger one unless your gonna mod it, simple. See Thumps AWSEOME guide here:
http://www.miniriders.com/carby-tuning/23986-those-about-rock-buying-oko-flatslides.html

6. 1/8 turn is referring to the throttle, as you know, the carbies are not specific to a throttle and the same carby can run any/most turn throttles, it will most likely just need a new cable.

You will need:
-OKO 26mm Carby (obviously)
OKO 26mm FlateSlide Race Carby Kit - OKO
-26mm Manifold adpator(The Molkt one may suit)
-Throttle cable to suit 26mm OKO and 1/4 throttle
-48mm Unifilter (to save your carb from sticking and ultimately your engine from wearing out)

Hope this helps, any questions feel free to ask

Carlton

if you dont want to buy over the net then i think motorbikecity stock them.. but still a bit of a drive.. postage is cheaper than fuel and time these days

Motorbike City

apparently theres 2 stores in vic.. MOTORBIKE CITY, MELBOURNE, VIC, AUSTRALIA - BEST BIKES.com.au

Ferntreegully Shop: 966 Burwood Hwy, Ferntreegully Vic 3156
Derrimut Shop: 530 Boundary Road, Derrimut Vic 3030

yeah that helps heaps the only question is how do you clean out the valve is there some button? yeah well ill just get an oko from mini riders dhz sounds safer where are yous from? do yous race? what bikes do yous have?

Hey Mate,

Adjusting the valves is quite simple, really. I did it for the first time the other day and it was no more than a 20min job. This guide will help you heaps, and I mean heaps. :
http://www.miniriders.com/motor-tutorials/24965-how-set-valve-clearances-horizontal-engines.html

Also if your still not feeling confident, get a mate or a bike shop to go through it with you. And having the right tools is essential. Again al this is covered in this thread.

As for where I'm at, I'm in Brizzy and I run a custom 155z crf70 style :

http://www.miniriders.com/china-builds/31236-carltons-custom-155z-crf70-build.html

I'm still a long way off racing, more into just putting around having fun.

Regards,

Carlton

I went to psto today the dealer in chester hill / villa wood personally do not like there bikes they only had a tl 140 but he said the only difference were the engines going by that I don't like the bike by it's looks and not to mention corrosion on the stator cover and the rest of the engine...

So on my behalf I'd like to say spend the extra $$$ and get a pitster...

I went to psto today the dealer in chester hill / villa wood personally do not like there bikes they only had a tl 140 but he said the only difference were the engines going by that I don't like the bike by it's looks and not to mention corrosion on the stator cover and the rest of the engine...

So on my behalf I'd like to say spend the extra $$$ and get a pitster...

who ever you went to see obviously didn't know what they were selling or maybe they had never even seen a tl160 model.

the differences are pretty big..

tl140 use steel wheels - tl160 use LXR high grade wheels
tl140 use a standard non adjustable type rear shock - tl160 use a much better shock
tl140 use non adjustable forks - tl160 use fully adjustable forks, unbranded gpx forks. and obviously the tl160 use different fork clamps.
tl140 use a decent but basic linkage system - tl160 use the pitster pro linkage.
tl140 use a basic steel swing arm - tl160 use the LXR swingarm..

there will be other minor differences too but in just that small list the general handling of the bike is greatly improved again.. iv ridden a tl140 and it was pretty impressive, i can only imagine how awesome the 160 model would feel...

also if the engine was the only difference then how can they justify an approx $1k difference is price...

i have ridden a few LXR's, and unbelievably they handled just like a jap linkage bike, the psto tl160 have a pretty big impression to beat..

It all comes down to personal feel. I am not overly fussed on the ride of the psto.. To mee it feels like a long skinny bike with the seated position to far forward. To me my LXR feels heaps better to ride.
My mate that owned the PSTO loves it and loves how it feels to ride and is buying another 1 real soon. The only way to sort it out is to ride both yourself.

I'm running an LXR with Daytona 150 4v, Keihin PE28 carb and swapped out the suspension with genuine new style Marzocchi Shivers and an Elka Elite shock, quite expensive but are better than the stock Marzocchi forks and Elka shock that you can get on the bike stock. Have no problems riding it on full size mx tracks and sometimes keeping up with big bikes. Sweet ride.

Latest posts

Back