PSTO TL160 build up

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krazed0451

Reaction score
Righto guys,

I hate the word 'build' being used to describe what I'm going to do, so I've tacked on 'up' in the hope of making it more obvious that this isn't a ground up thing, it's just me following the crowd and adding the usual parts to a bike to make it faster and prettier ;)

I have this:
IMG_0350_1.jpg

And these:
Bits.jpg

They will be combined, I will endeavour to take photos, you may commence your ooh'ing and aah'ing!

-Jimbo

PS, don't expect this to be a quick build; work is solidly on top of me at the moment with the EOFY :deadhorse:

Last edited:
Thats sweet Krazed. Looks like you will have a solid bike once it is finished !! You gonna race it in the VCM series ??

Thanks Swapper! That's the plan... Whether it will eventuate I'm not sure as yet.

On a side note, anyone who requests video of how to install valve springs can take a short run off a tall cliff... Even if I did throw something together, the amount of swearing while I try to fit my slightly too large fingers + a set of tweezers into the available gap for fitting the valve collets would have the video flagged on Youtube in short order :p

Here's a pretty picture of the shiny Ti retainer in the head instead:
IMG_0367.jpg

you've done well except you wasted ya money on some bad rubber boots

but hey all good on a tyre budget

you've done well except you wasted ya money on some bad rubber boots

but hey all good on a tyre budget

There okay tyres.... i see most ppl running em

I just got hold of a set of bridgys m403 and m404's are the beez kneez recommend them for your next set champ !!

most people run then cause there cheap and they come stock on pitpro's and atomiks

but there junk there worse than innova's hard old rubber boots

hell they will last a while though

most people run then cause there cheap and they come stock on pitpro's and atomiks

but there junk there worse than innova's hard old rubber boots

hell they will last a while though

Yeah, I realised that when they turned up and I stuck my thumbnail in them... Or rather on them :(

Anyone after some half priced hoops, $50 and they're yours...

Recommendations on something nice and soft? :D

EDIT - Sorry Nickv, missed your recommendation, sounds like a plan!

Last edited:
theyre good tyres.... love mine... better than paying for one of the big brands and having half the knobs fall off after a coupla rides.. They come standard on LXR's so cant be that bad...

Hmmmm, looking on eBay the m403 and m404's are listed as intermediate tyres... Anyone have a recommendation as to a soft front/rear combo I could pick up?

If I get something soft and they shred too quickly I can get the 403/4 combo later on :)

EDIT - Christ you guys post quickly... One little forray looking at eBay and I come back to find my questions pre-answered! :p

Last edited:
Hmmmm, looking on eBay the m403 and m404's are listed as intermediate tyres... Anyone have a recommendation as to a soft front/rear combo I could pick up?

If I get something soft and they shred too quickly I can get the 403/4 combo later on :)

EDIT - Christ you guys post quickly... One little forray looking at eBay and I come back to find my questions pre-answered! :p

Read the reviews on the m404/403 combos excellent all rounders they dont wear to quickly and hook up well in any conditions .

Most of the big bikes run em out of the factory .. You can get a slightly wider front for softer conditions too..

There a little pricey but you get what you pay for ... i tried just about everything when i had my big bike nothing really had a decent all round feel great hook up or good wear until i found the m404 / m403's only thing really is in really soft dirt the rear can be a little loose but i like it :action-smiley-035:

Hows the psto going? Are you liking it?

I just picked up a T140 with the red frame and no linkage, tho the frame has linkage mounts and seems identical to the TL160. I might put some money into it and turn it into something decent.

im loving this thread as im a massive psto fan and have one myself so how is the build going champ

Sorry guys,

I've been investing time elsewhere, yet to get the V2 head fitted or even mount the sticker kit on the new plastics :(

My other two wheeled collection has grown though... Now have a Charge Blender and a custom built trials bike :)

I've recently layed out the plans to finish off the PSTO though, it's not really due much beyond the head, plastics, stickers and a few little parts so I should get off my @rse and get it done!

Last edited:
I reckon, i wanna see it. Get into it this weekend mate, pictures up Monday haha only joking.

Teaser...
IMG_0837.jpg

Head is installed, stickers are on the new plastics and on the bike, few other bits and pieces... Need to pull the carb off the Atomik and it'll be ready to rip! :D

I dub thee "333 Eric the half devil".

Bike is looking good krazed, That sticker kit in red and black look pretty good.
Have you had a ride on it with the V2 head yet?

Latest posts

Back