put 2 stroke fuel in 4 stroke..

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridef0rlife

Reaction score
this was not my fault btw, we have a white drum, and mum didnt tell me she put 2 stroke fuel in it(i only put abit in) instead of the usual 4 stroke.

should i sifen the 2 stroke out? clean spark plug? and what else? im bit new to fixing bikes, but been riding for about 7 years, always left it up to my bro :)

did you run it at all. i would drain the carby and the fuel tank, get rid of all the fuel and put some unleaded in it. slosh it around then drain that and then . refill again and start her up

running two stroke fuel in a thumper wont do any lasting damage... it will smoke a bit, but it will still run. if anything, it may be a little easier to start, but it wont do any damage... old school thumper riders have been running a capful of two stroke oil in their tanks for years, to get the big bore four strokes to start a bit easier... i wouldnt lose any sleep over it.

bit oil in the fuel wont harm the engine, just think of the extra lube it provided for the piston lol

i ran a tank of 2 stroke fuel through my yx187 the first tank... just for the piece of mind... its only a tiny piston :p

i've been using 2 stroke fuel in 4-strokes for years, it's not a problem at all

only make's em smoky, and require a carb clean more often

yep i have used all sorts of fuel mix in a 4 stroke.
castor oil
castrol R 2 stroke premix.

sht when ya out the bush and running on fumes ya just grab any bikes fuel tin.

end of the day it will do no harm but may smell like a race bike :)

Ride it mate and let your mates smell the goodness behind you!!

I use the old ski fuel in the mower and bikes just to use it up. Definately ain't doing any harm.

^^^^^lol avgas doesnt make you faster... it allows you to run compression ratio's that normal fuel would ping with, and also burns cleaner.

if ya using avgas do yrself a favor and mix some valve saver in it too

lol, just use octane booster.....much cheaper way of keeping engine clean :D

that shits aint cheap lolz

this thread sounds like the time when my mate got his first china 110...
he wanted to "change" the oil so he added 900ml to the sump.....
that engine was full smoking and backfiring goodness!

that shits aint cheap lolz

this thread sounds like the time when my mate got his first china 110...
he wanted to "change" the oil so he added 900ml to the sump.....
that engine was full smoking and backfiring goodness!

As in octane booster or AVGAS?

octane booster is kinda cheap.....you buy a bottle, mix a certain amount each time you refill.....last's for ages and a bottle is only around $25 - $30

I could just imagine the thick blue smog that 110 woulda put out hahaha, wonder he didn't pop all the seals and sh!t

Yeh, but you don't run straight octane booster. You mix it with normal unleaded. Im not sure what the ratio is, but its not very high

Yeah it goes along way, ive had a 200ml bottle for 6 month's

Latest posts

Back