Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbuckler

Reaction score
Here the video of the 1986 Yamaha Pw-50
[video=youtube;VzG9FQhOeLU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzG9FQhOeLU[/video]

sounds like it is going good now.

you need to get him out on a track next, cant wait for the videos

cheers, craig

I'm actually wanting to take him to a track this spring I still need to fix a few things on it and teach him to ride without the training wheels.

if he is anything like my 6yo, after 2 days of riding, he wanted the trainer wheels off.
at that stage he couldn't even ride a bmx bike without trainers.

but next time out riding, we had the trainers off and left at home.
he practiced a bit on the flat concrete near the sheds, then out on the hard dirt,
doing laps of the yard at the farm, slowly getting longer each time
i then got him on the bumpier stuff, that had patches of deep grass.
he got his confidence up and wanted to go out on the graded dirt/rubble driveway.
after riding for 500metres, he asked me if we could go down the full length of the driveway, which was 2kms, we got down to the end, and he turned around straight away and rode back up to the house,
all without a problem.
next day we took him to my little track in the middle of the paddock, it was very bumpy over the rocks/dirt on the way there, but he handled it fine.
then on the track he took to it like pro, he coped well with the loose sand/dirt.
worked out how to move his foot forward when cornering to help keep his balance.
i'm sure he will be riding in competitions soon, he is a natural.

wish your son good luck from Cj too, he liked seeing your lad riding in the videos.
and wanted to know if we can go out riding with you ? lol

show him some of my sons PW50 riding videos too, from my thread

and keep us updated on his progress too

cheers, craig

Latest posts

Back