R.I.P. James "DvDRip" Scott

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So true. gone but not forgotten. DvDrip a name known to all. keep on ridn James

damn i just read through this thread. i've just recently purchased a pitbike, and have gone through lots of threads with extremely useful information. his username DVDrip kept popping up in the threads i was reading, he had so much to contribute and his advice has helped me greatly.

RIP mate, although i've never met you, and don't know you, you've helped me out greatly, and mi sure you're knowledge will continue to help others. a true loss....

many condolences to the family. hope you are all doing well

damn i just read through this thread. i've just recently purchased a pitbike, and have gone through lots of threads with extremely useful information. his username DVDrip kept popping up in the threads i was reading, he had so much to contribute and his advice has helped me greatly.

RIP mate, although i've never met you, and don't know you, you've helped me out greatly, and mi sure you're knowledge will continue to help others. a true loss....

many condolences to the family. hope you are all doing well

DvDrip and thump140 were both lost close together and were a wealth of knowledge, and will be sorely missed here for as long as time goes on, this thread http://www.miniriders.com/general-c...eral-health-support-resources-discussion.html is a legacy left behind by these fellas and is extremely important, so if you know anybody suffering or yourself do not ever hesitate to make a post, and welcome to miniriders buddy.

wow i'm lost for words....for the past 2 days i've read thump140's thread (Achtung Noobs! : Your New Pitbike and You... set up tips) over and over, even just today i followed all his steps in setting up my new bike...i wish i could have had the privilege to either of these guys...

MR is not just a forum, were a family. You probs are our probs, and never forget that lad.

wtf?

dvd, you little ****.

sorry to be so harsh, but its 2013 and im just learning of this?

man... oh man.

yeah i remember him. he shouldnt have a thread like this. thats a bummer.

13 pages and noones has faced the subject 100% head on, which really annoys me. skylar comes the closest.

maybe i missed something?

im assuming he capped himself.

dont deny it if so, dont make allusions. just state it like it is. stop pussy(cat) footing around!

cancer would have been mentioned. a horrific car crash would have been mentioned. but suicide is the big no no?

bugger off!

maybe if we werent so close lipped about these sorts of things, just maybe, people who feel the same way might hesitate? re consider, re-evaluate? psychologists get paid big biccies talking about the things that people should talk about anyway!

do yourself in, ok...loved ones. "noone loves me". someone does. somewhere, someone is going to be shocked, and in tears. so what, i wont be around to give a flying firetruck... well. thats the point. you wont be around. wont be around to have a shag. get drunk. float through venice on a boat. see a cobweb in the morning dew and the first rays of sunshine. wont ever know whats over that ridge you always wanted to go over... and some poor bastard has to clean up your mess, bury you... pay off your debts...get paperwork filled in and signed in triplicate...

****, now im depressed. why am i sitting in front of a screen? i got thumpers to go fix and ride!

ah well. remember bill hicks at a time like this " we are all just one consciousness that is a unity of itself, so objectively there is NO SUCH THING AS DEATH, LIFE IS ONLY A DREAM, and we are all an imagination of ourselves....

life is precious. dont end it.

(though euthanasia should be legal)

Last edited:
Dear headsmess - don't be sad - James lived a great life and enjoyed the miniriders circle in his last year or so.

It is no secret, to those who were close, that James suffered from and battled with a severe Mental Illness for many years - the way he lived you would never be able to tell at most times.

He was extremely courageous in all his life and was much loved and respected by so many. His final decision is also respected by his family and loved ones.

The legacy he leaves your community is his example of giving, sharing and faithfulness, courage against the odds and an opportunity for members to be aware of problems in others and to obtain acceptance and help when needed for themselves.

I highly recommend the thread posted above by krazed0451.

Not a day goes by that James is forgotten - he lives forever in our hearts.

Mum XX

"Don't mourne my death, celebrate my freedom" - James

----

Adding - please note that the first 6 pages of this thread are from the day he died and the day after on which I explicitly posted the cause of death (less than 20 hours after the news), sorry if it cannot be found in all the pages - even this shows how much the community cared and were affected at the time, to have so many people respond so quickly.

This thread itself was a blessing to us as a family at the time, thank you.
Page 7 - 5th July 2010

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back