Rachs crf50 build! :D

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rach88

Reaction score
I haven't actually picked it up yet. But I'm FRINKIN' excited as all hell!

189279_10150094928352544_684492543_6273376_6032780_n.jpg

First thing is to get a new rear tyre!

I already have a fox float for it.

To do:
- Pro taper bar kit
- +1 fork legs and hd springs
- New rear wheel
- Powder coated frame and swinga (Colour ideas please??)
- New plastics and sticker kit
- Want a stock exhaust with the cover if anyone has one!(Might come with one)

I pick it up wednesday and then will start ordering bits! Probably do frame and swinga first and then put it all on as bits come.

Any suggestions or input would be wicked! Don't tell me to put an 88 kit on it but! :p

put a 102 kit on it Lol.

nah jk

for colour ideas id say maybe a black with a purple sub frame but I'm guessing the sub frame isn't detachable....

BMX or MX style bar kit. Why Pro taper? They look cheap to me.

Can't wait to see pics when you get it.

I just like the look of the pro tapers and easy to get for a decent price. bmx bars bully.

Tdr I like the idea of black with purple subframe, but its not detachable! Thinking all black frame and swinga, but everyone does that!

matallic white and get them to add purple gloss, dayumm it looks sick.. well worth the $$$$

Cheers for having no hard feelings :D

That does actually sound like a wicked as colour but I think my powder coater wouldn't have the right colours to do it lol. I have a purple on all my bikes already!!

I would go something other then the pro taper barkit i reckon .

I mite have a Tbr +1 legs/springs setup for sale to.

Good work (Y)

I would go something other then the pro taper barkit i reckon .

I mite have a Tbr +1 legs/springs setup for sale to.

Good work (Y)

So woggy my new best friend. You should sell for sure and to me... payment comes with free naked pictures... of Ando :D

only looks like it realy needs a set a bmx bars? put $$$ elswhere

I already got the foxfloat so I gotta do +1 fork legs to make it work. But I might not get a hole bar kit as it already has a fast50 bar clamp... might just buy some bmx style bars... anyone got any they wanna sell?? Also has a sik50 throttle and wider foot pegs.

Anything you recommend me spending money on? I wanna keep it looking stock-ish. But not keen on engine work. Learning on my china motor first!

Nice racho go to a good bmx shop and see what bars you like . Then get a uni filter it's 27mm for a stock carby

new set tyres? longer gear lever if it needs one, new filter ? haha

So just all the little bits here and there pretty much? Mainly order from faster-minis and ebay. Any brands u recommend I go with? I like the fast50's stuff.

Nice racho go to a good bmx shop and see what bars you like . Then get a uni filter it's 27mm for a stock carby

So just any tough bmx bars will do? oooo gonna get bright green ones I saw last week then woo hoo! Uni filter too easy :) cheers for the size!

if you want some custom paint on the frame instead of the powder i have gloss black or white and can blow either some blue or rainbow metallic flake across it, seal it with a coat of 2 pak iso free clear and she is rock hard, ready to go. unless you wanna buy paint and then your options are endless....

i am also wondering if a crf frame would fit in the new sand blaster we got at work...... my z frame just fit in the old one, and the new one is heaps bigger, can give it a try if you want.

i painted my z50 with the iso free 4 years ago and still only has a handfull of chips.

Paint/powder the frame/swinga lime green, get some green plastics and call it Kermit... Perhaps a nice custom sticker kit to match ;)

Great minds think a like. Going green.. nice name too ha ha. Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow! Gonna rip it around the back yard for 2 weeks and then pull it down for powder coater... don't want to pull it apart straight away as I want to enjoy it NOW! :D

Latest posts

Back