Rachs Motovert RX Build (Attempt number2)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rach88

Reaction score
So I just couldn't help myself. Brought an RX today, sold my last one bout 6 months ago and had been itching for another one.

So here it is:
282565_10150253141467544_684492543_7483019_7584003_n.jpg

I've named him Allen. :)

So far I'm just working on getting it ready for road rego.

Things I need:
-New speedo, current one lights up but the numbers don't show, possibly a fuse.
-New indicator switch and a;l new indicators. Current ones are just destroyed. *Ordered*
-New rear brake pedal and possibly bleed the brakes. *Order from matty b*
-Sensor to pick up the rear brake is being applied that lights up the brake light *ordered*
-New battery
-New wheel bearings front and rear

Emailed motorbike city(only motovert dealer I know) about these parts. Hopefully they can help!

Once that is done I will most likely need to change tyres, but waiting to see what on that one.

Not so important things:
-New oil cooler and lines. *Considering remove as I don't think a 125cc motor needs an oil cooler*
-new exhaust head
-Brake busters on (already have these)
-New black plastics and sticker kit(Coming in the mail)
-New mirrors
-chain tensioners *ordered from matty b*
-shifter lever *ordered from matty b*
-new black label 660mm forks *ordered from matty b*

For a 125 it actually goes really good. My old rx with a 146 big bore kit didn't ride no where near as nice as this bike. So keeping the stock engine just with new carby.

Really happy to have an rx again! Can't wait to get it rego'd and will actually go ahead and do this build properly this time, will be slow as I don't need it rego'd till summer. But the crf50 is done and the cini all parts are order. So all my cash will be going on this one!

Last edited:
Nice nice , your gonna kill yaself on the road.

Got to die of something! :D

What a little beauty. I would love to buy one of these 1 day.

You better hurry there getting harder to get! I had to pay $1100 for this. Few months back you could get them in better condition for $1000. I talked the guy down from $1500 telling him all the problems with the bike ha ha.

Last edited:
Be careful out there, kiddo:)

Got to get the thing on the road first ha ha. You wouldn't know any where that could hook me up with some bits for it? Mainly speedo and indicators that are killing me trying to get them!

where did you buy your headlights? looking at getting some

Got to get the thing on the road first ha ha. You wouldn't know any where that could hook me up with some bits for it? Mainly speedo and indicators that are killing me trying to get them!

Indicators will be easy enough to source on ebay ;)

rach head to jaycar or similar they should have something to work,or why not look at modding a yamaha wr indicator/light/horn switch box to fit?

I could use all the same bits as a postie and get it going... Or as you said mod something. But all them speedos are like 150 bucks new... I don't want to spend that on just a speedo! That's digital btw, I don't want it unless it's digital!! :)

pretty sure the digi speedo on the rx's are just a sensor on the fork and a magnet on the hub/disk(just like the setup you'd put on a pushy). If someone has swapped the rim you wont have a signal for the speedo because the magnets missing, thats where i'd be looking first. If you find the sensor on the forks(will have 2 wires that run to speedo) and the rim does have its magnet then the sensors probably faulty or the wires are damaged.

I have one of those speedo's, cheap and nasty copy of a trail tech speedo. They really are only good for off road or on your pushy. They run off button cell batteries(rather than off the bikes power) and therefore you cant wire it to light up at night. If you want one of those shop around on ebay, i got mine from hong kong for $16 posted.

It's the screen on the Speedo that's broke. It shows nothing up. The speedo is all attached and looks to be working fine with no damage to the wires.

Krazed I'll probably end up with one of them indicator switches. Been looking at them on eBay. But currently the head light switch is attached to the throttle. So I don't really need head light so avoiding it if I can. Being fussy. Haha want it to be very much like stock if possible.

My old one with bbk to a 146cc with an oko did like 60kms to a tank. Stock it did about 120kms to the 3l tank. So hence why I'm keeping it stock this time lol. I'm gonna put a scooter box on the back of this one to carry a little Jerry can of fuel in it... I used to often find myself he's from a servo and out of fuel lol.

Latest posts

Back