Rachs Motovert RX Build (Attempt number2)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rach my brother has a wr426 he bought it as a yz mock but then turned it back to road reg and used a modified bicycle speedo, there like 20 bux and are fairly accurate how ever only read to 100kph which im sure you will have a little difficulty getting it too 100 in residential!

Matty.b has hooked me up with a new rear brake, brake pedal, gear shifter and chain tensioners. So thats a nice little start!

Emailed motorbike city, ciniworx, braaap, atomik and over 13 other shops/online stores that I know have them speedo on one of there bikes. Out of everyone my only reply so far is from braaap! Haha least they always got good customer service, but I went straight to emailing brad. So fingers crossed someone can just sell me a pile of parts this week!

I've decided to just not run an oil cooler at all as I don't see the point with a stock 125cc. Found a spare molkt to go on it. Hoping my slow build turns in to a quick build as I really want it on the road now ha ha.

I'm a little bit over excited about this bike! But got to hold off spending as the cini needs new rims and bearings which can't wait any longer ha ha.

Yeah so long as I have rego on it by then! :) I will bring it to the last round for sure!

Find a friend that has some soldering/electronics experience, pull the speedo apart, look for faults and dry joints... You never know, it might be something simple :)

Awesome cheers guys! B-man reckon there is a few things off there I'll be buying :) I have been pm'ing the guy from motovert mojo today and speaking with Dom form motorbike city... looks like there sorting it all out for me! Haha. See what I get there then will go from there with what else I need to buy :)

So long awaited mail showed up today.. officially from the 2nd of sept I loose my license for 6 months. So now this is going to be an extremely slow build! So just going to slowly piece it all together over the 7 months I have until I can drive again. Ha ha epic fail by me! Ha ha but think how pimping this bike is going to be in 7 months of just working on it ha ha

Got everything I need to get rego coming in the mail. Once it's all on I'm going to sell it as other things have come up and it's not realistic for me to keep the bike. Don't know when it will all be on. But if your interested PM me.

Will be making a for sale thread when it's all back together with up to date photos.

317843_10150276031637544_684492543_7700084_5859379_n.jpg

All the bits, just putting them on slowly thru out the week. I will take it to the race on the weekend both saturday and sunday. $1600 is what it cost me for the bike and all the parts. So it's a pretty good deal for a road worthy bike. Just go get a green slip/ctp/rwc and pay your rego and have a cheap run around for no more then 300 bucks a year!

317843_10150276031637544_684492543_7700084_5859379_n.jpg

All the bits, just putting them on slowly thru out the week. I will take it to the race on the weekend both saturday and sunday. $1600 is what it cost me for the bike and all the parts. So it's a pretty good deal for a road worthy bike. Just go get a green slip/ctp/rwc and pay your rego and have a cheap run around for no more then 300 bucks a year!

Well is this build still goin ahead !? Would love to see some new pics n post :)

whats the deal with motoverts and graphics? when theyre registered do they have a colour listed, and if u changed coloured graphics u need to change on rego? also what about plastics. seems like a weird situation

Latest posts

Back