Random Radness... post here

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid1275.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fy453%2Fsrkwjwcb%2F20140323_141817_zpsd5f33b78.mp4">

cant seem to upload the in car footage of the full lap, but here is a very short vid, give you the idea of the fun we have in tassie ;)

i can almost match that,
but only watch it if you can handle the wind noise, turn the volume down !
Cj took this video of me trying to get our AWD Territory, with Dynamic Stability Control, drifting around our old motorbike track
click on it to start the video.

that would be a fun bus to rally if you could disable the stupid dsc :)
sucks the other video of mine wont load cause that shows the whole lap which gets a bit hectic, doin 70/80 up a track as wide as the ute with a few sump killers thrown in just to make it interesting.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid1275.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fy453%2Fsrkwjwcb%2F20140323_141817_zpsd5f33b78.mp4">

cant seem to upload the in car footage of the full lap, but here is a very short vid, give you the idea of the fun we have in tassie ;)

Hehehehe, yeah Tassy looks like fun! We used to go upto the MTNs off the Koziosko road in summer with my KE70 rolla and do that!!! Had to be a bit careful as there was a massive drop one side.

It was hilarious the grader was up there one time....I've never seen someone make so many animated hand gestures in 10 seconds as we went passed...I don't think he was to impressed with us cutting up the fresh road, but it was SO fresh we just had to do a few laps!! :D

i love driving hard, more fun for me than the bikes. thats probably just cause i drive better than i ride lol. might be time to rebuild the poor old astron 2.6 as she blows a heap of smoke until it warms up lol. came with lukey extractors on it to which i was chuffed on :). the old ke70s are a wicked rally bus i need another one so i can race me house mate ;)

same tassy Stu, i love all sorts of driving

our Territory has an aftermarket exhaust, and Pacemaker Tuned length extractors, Modified Intake system with a second CAI off a BF F6 Typoon, K&N Pod filter mounted inside the airbox, and a modified (enlarged) 3.5" Airbox outlet.
people look twice if i take off quick, nice induction noise and a slightly deeper note out the back.

same tassy Stu, i love all sorts of driving

our Territory has an aftermarket exhaust, and Pacemaker Tuned length extractors, Modified Intake system with a second CAI off a BF F6 Typoon, K&N Pod filter mounted inside the airbox, and a modified (enlarged) 3.5" Airbox outlet.
people look twice if i take off quick, nice induction noise and a slightly deeper note out the back.

Me 3...**** the stuff that Corolla went through! After that I had an AA Cordia Turbo, Then I bought an RA23 with a twin cam, twin side drawn solex carby, japanese racing motor in it(forget the engine number :boxe:)never registered but I had 1 fun night in it before it was onsold! Then I got hte corolla back put extractors on it and drove that for another 4 years before I sold it for the same price I paid for it :thumbup:

It though the exhaust on the explorer sounded a bit 'non stock' Craig....I was going to mention April 13th they're closing Windy points off for the Classic Rally!! Keen to come watch? Was awesome a couple of years ago!!

Actually on further research I dont think its the Targa so I have no idea what rally its closed for!

Last edited:
the barra 6 sounds nice with a few exhaust and induction mods, i was cringing as read pod filter and then let out a big sigh of relief when i read it was in the airbox ;) our house mates ba has a lukey 2 1/2 from the extractors and a set of redback extractors. no intake mods as yet but they will come when i convince him to spend more money on it.
the ra23 would of been a absolute hoot to punt around in, im just a little jelly lol

This is funny as!!!! Forgot if I put it up yet....

[video=youtube;UkM48Kmk0yY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkM48Kmk0yY[/video]

Gotta get me one of these
JBLA8FQ.jpg

Found the upper limit of how mcuh alcohol i can fit in a beer bottle...
IMAG0743.jpg

Nah just a little over carbed, prob from close to the bottom of the fermenter, bit more yeast went in!

What ya brewing? I'm just about to bottle and IPA with cascade finishing hops and I steeped some german hops aswell cant remember what they're called, brain not work today!

Nah just a little over carbed, prob from close to the bottom of the fermenter, bit more yeast went in!

What ya brewing? I'm just about to bottle and IPA with cascade finishing hops and I steeped some german hops aswell cant remember what they're called, brain not work today!

I just buy kits and then add extra malt and sugar, no real deffinative term for what comes out, based on the yeast (and the other contents) it's pretty much a Quadruple Trappist style. I love my Belgium wheats so pretty much everything iv'e done iv'e used wheat/white beer bases. Not a great fan of hops (most of the time) although iv'e had a couple of Saisons that havn't been too bad, but this could also bee the yeast they use as I brewed a straght Saison recently (Hogarden base with Saison yeast) and without using hops it still has a slightly hoppy background, this may also be attributed to a slighlty too high a temp for a few days when brewing.

I just buy kits and then add extra malt and sugar, no real deffinative term for what comes out, based on the yeast (and the other contents) it's pretty much a Quadruple Trappist style. I love my Belgium wheats so pretty much everything iv'e done iv'e used wheat/white beer bases. Not a great fan of hops (most of the time) although iv'e had a couple of Saisons that havn't been too bad, but this could also bee the yeast they use as I brewed a straght Saison recently (Hogarden base with Saison yeast) and without using hops it still has a slightly hoppy background, this may also be attributed to a slighlty too high a temp for a few days when brewing.

So when you say quadruple you're talking about how much extra malt and dex you're using? Might have to even use two packs of yeast if you're upping the sugars like that. Just so the gravity will keep dropping properly and then get to stable before you bottle....not to sure about belgian yeasts only used them a couple of times!

I love hoppy beers. I made an IPA a couple of months back. Used about 120g of hops in a regular 23L mix. Wow came out tasting like tropical punch beer(even non beer drinking women liked that one :thumbup:)....probably cause of the 80grams of citra hops taht went into it. I love dark hoppy english style beers, but really any beer is good, cheap beer is especially good! With the coopers kits I can do a corona clone for like $12 per carton....and they sell it at the shops for $50.....I cant really afford to drink the beer I like thats why I make it myself and drink cheap crap from the shop!

Made a couple of chocolate stout/porters with the Cascade porter kit. They usually come out about 7% only using 3L of malt and a bit of grain. So if you're using over 3L of malt and then adding dex ontop I think you might get better results if you up the amount of yeast you use, either that or do you make yeast starters? Homebrew thread???

So when you say quadruple you're talking about how much extra malt and dex you're using? Might have to even use two packs of yeast if you're upping the sugars like that. Just so the gravity will keep dropping properly and then get to stable before you bottle....not to sure about belgian yeasts only used them a couple of times!

I love hoppy beers. I made an IPA a couple of months back. Used about 120g of hops in a regular 23L mix. Wow came out tasting like tropical punch beer(even non beer drinking women liked that one :thumbup:)....probably cause of the 80grams of citra hops taht went into it. I love dark hoppy english style beers, but really any beer is good, cheap beer is especially good! With the coopers kits I can do a corona clone for like $12 per carton....and they sell it at the shops for $50.....I cant really afford to drink the beer I like thats why I make it myself and drink cheap crap from the shop!

Made a couple of chocolate stout/porters with the Cascade porter kit. They usually come out about 7% only using 3L of malt and a bit of grain. So if you're using over 3L of malt and then adding dex ontop I think you might get better results if you up the amount of yeast you use, either that or do you make yeast starters? Homebrew thread???

I believe the last one (exploding one) i made was 2 x 3kg cans of a ESB Bavarian wheat beer then added 2kg of dark unrefined cane sugar, lets just say it's rather dark (and gives a slight throat burn) the yeast i used is the White Labels Abbey yeast 530? which lets you get up to 15% most others die off long befroe that :p The previous batch i did was this one
7Sj5OmtVrBnNkIdYjMJqdur21qbf9DCCD3xpZ3Ct3fs=w1358-h766-no

You'll see the yeast i'm talking about, i can reuse up to 3 times they reckon (from the slurry). This is by far the best brew i have made so far so i might replicate this one in my next batch i think. It came out alot more golden than the last batch, and has a cleaner taste.

the reason it came out more golden is because you are reusing the yeast and it is fermenting it better.
you can keep reusing it as much as you want and it should keep coming out cleaner and cleaner

Latest posts

Back