Received a free bike, need help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I got given a free chinese 110cc bike that is currently not working. I'm not sure what is wrong with it but it doesnt have a (dont know what it is, see pic below) and I got told this COULD be why it doesnt start. Is there anything else i shoudl check out/replace/buy?

And also i need a new chain, small sprocket (dont know if it has its own name?) and a again dont know what its called.. thing that covers small sprocket any idea where is the best place to get these items?

Sorry as you probably notice im new to bikes and this is the first i'v ever owned :p

451-hxr-5001lg.jpg

Last edited:
the pic is called a cdi (revbox) best place would be ebay for both the things you need.

ah thanks, any good shops on ebay? and also are there certain ones i need or are they all the same?

yep, be sure to match the cdi plug. it will either have a single plug or dual plug..

and im guessing the cover you need for the small(front) sprocket is the magneto cover.

and yeah pics would help..

I got given a free chinese 110cc bike that is currently not working. I'm not sure what is wrong with it but it doesnt have a (dont know what it is, see pic below) and I got told this COULD be why it doesnt start. Is there anything else i should check out/replace/buy?

And also i need a new chain, small sprocket (dont know if it has its own name?) and a again dont know what its called.. thing that covers small sprocket any idea where is the best place to get these items?

Sorry as you probably notice im new to bikes and this is the first i'v ever owned :p

451-hxr-5001lg.jpg

OK part 1 is called a cdi or rev box
part 2 is your front sprocket
part 3 is your magneto cover or you might have a two part setup were the sprocket cover is separate from the magneto cover
and don't worry mate you'll pick it up or at least learn to fake your knowledge and as for where to buy parts depends on how much you want to pay eBay normally all those things and check the whole bike over before your first ride eg bolts wheels brakes throttle everything

OK part 1 is called a cdi or rev box
part 2 is your front sprocket
part 3 is your magneto cover or you might have a two part setup were the sprocket cover is separate from the magneto cover
and don't worry mate you'll pick it up or at least learn to fake your knowledge and as for where to buy parts depends on how much you want to pay eBay normally all those things and check the whole bike over before your first ride eg bolts wheels brakes throttle everything

ahh byh0005 have to post in every thread you see!! pretty much everything you said has already been said mate

Pics of the bike: trying to get it on rite now, 2 secs :p

Last edited:
if you cant get pics just list some brands or numbers you can find that will help us out at least

and don't worry mate you'll pick it up or at least learn to fake your knowledge

ladies and gentlemen

this is why he is a dumba$$

nomate not a good idea to fake ya knowledge as you will get caught out very easily and we will flame till there is no tommorrow...
wait i already have :D

ok thanks dude, any idea which ebay stores will have: Clutch lever + thing that holds the lever to bike, Front brake lever, magneto cover, chain, front sprocket?

Thanks for all your help guys!!

Latest posts

Back