Received a free bike, need help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ladies and gentlemen

this is why he is a dumba$$

nomate not a good idea to fake ya knowledge as you will get caught out very easily and we will flame till there is no tommorrow...
wait i already have :D

mate are you in the special edd class to not understand a joke or sarcasm

mate are you in the special edd class to not understand a joke or sarcasm

well maybe you meant it as a joke

BUT

funnily enough its true in your case you dont know jack and make it up as you go

and please get some more orginal calls than are you in speacial edd... like come on

Last edited by a moderator:
why must you make things like this i have no problems with you but you stalk my posts waiting for me to slip up its like you get some sick pleasure out of it

dude you don't need to slip up for pbk to flame you.... all your posts are just useless shit and everyone's sick of it

Anyone know how many teeth i want on my front sprocket and how many links on a chain?

Anyone know how many teeth i want on my front sprocket and how many links on a chain?

how are we gonna know what you want???

higher it more top speed and lower is more low end power,,,

jst buy a longer chain and then cut it down to how many you need

figure of speech.... did u actually think i was wonding if someone could tap into my head then tell me?

Lol at china boy... Lol you know our convo from msn... Haha
ok and 199:
not just dhz for parts... Browse eBay coz no mater who it comes from a a china cdi will be a china cdi...
Same with clutch lever and clutch perch
also kmc have a new chain out if anyone diddnt know... Ment to be stronger, I have on but yet to test it lol

Well I know why you got the bike for free. Haha.
Checks these threads out:
- http://www.miniriders.com.au/bike-setup/24239-achtung-noobs-your-new-pitbike-you-set-up-tips.html
- http://www.miniriders.com.au/bike-setup/24009-performance-upgrades-guidelines-stage-i-iii.html
- http://www.miniriders.com.au/bike-setup/12274-tricks-trade.html

Also mind changing the size of the pics:
- http://www.miniriders.com.au/announcements-advertising-rates/12392-picture-posting-dummies.html

Byh0005 STFU!!!

ratiochart.jpg

Someone asked me, what does this chart show and how can i understand it, so heres an explanation:

For those of you that dont understand the chart, the chart is based on sprockets that make a pulling ratio.

The outside numbers at the top horizontal is the front sprocket (whatever you have) and the numbers on the left going vertical is the rear sprocket.

The numbers inside the box represent pulling power ratio's of different sprocket setups. Lower the number, the taller the gearing is (witch is top end speed) and the lower numbers are the opposite (less top end speed).

What you have to remember with different sprocket setups is that taller gearing will give you more top end speed but slower acceleration and shorter gearing with give you the opposite.

This sprocket ratio chart is as a guide only as there is many other factors as to how a bike with pull certain gearing or the same gearings but 2 different bikes for e.g if bike (1) has 10" wheels and has 14/37 (front & rear sprockets) and then bike (2) has 12" wheels and has same sprocket setup 14/37, these two bikes will pull the gearing differently, the 10" wheels will have more acceleration and the 12" will have more top end speed even with the same gearing cause of the wheel sizes. Also tyre size will play a part in how the gearing is pulled.

So if your working on just one bike trying out different sprockets you will get to understand how the gearing feels and will be able to make more use of this chart. But if you are trying to compare ratios with another bike it may not work out the same due to many factors but it can roughly be the same and can be used as guidance only.

I hope this helps clear things up abit, any questions let me know, cheers.
Hope this helps..

Oh fools what does iirc mean?

Last edited:
byh0005 said:
and don't worry mate you'll pick it up or at least learn to fake your knowledge

ladies and gentlemen

this is why he is a dumba$$

nomate not a good idea to fake ya knowledge as you will get caught out very easily and we will flame till there is no tommorrow...
wait i already have :D

Thanks to you both for the sig line :)

to the OP the links listed above by bulldog iirc, will be VERY handy, have a read thru your best bet may be to go back to a stock ratio till you get some experiance riding and then can work out where to put the modifications into. be it gearing, new engine, forks, tires etc. Ride on..

Latest posts

Back