Rev limiter?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea my bad i ment 13,000 sorry lol i can get a coil from acuner that does that but yea dont think it will do it

coils dont have limiters on them only the cdi units do.....my daytona have an limiter at 13600 on it

oh ok akuner said they do well have a limit so yea thats prob not what im thinking of

get a cdi from a streetlegal scooter ...they have a limiter at 8000rpm and you are set if you are so keen to do it!!:mad: .....afterwards don´t complain if your bike doesen´t push so hard anymore:p :p

no he means a 'street " legal scooter
like a vespa or something.

yeah but it has to be one for a thumperengine.....scooterassasin on ebay got some for kymco's!

Last edited:
I found that if I accidentally engage a lower gear on braking or in the air before landing, then it can easily hit 13250 RPM. A little surprising how easy the thing can spin up! :eek:

That's precisely why hard down shifting to use the engine as a brake is bad in either a car OR a bike ...... especially without giving the throttle a blip to match engine revs to tranny speed .....

Not only can it cause the valves to smash into the piston , it can also knock gear teeth and dog lugs off gears in chinese engines .......

Latest posts

Back