Revmx 155z

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok for the pilot you need to select a size that gives good response on the mixture screw around 1.5 turns.
meaning if you have it at a slightly higher idle and screw the mixture screw in the should want to stall @ nearly closed position, then wind it back out slowly until best idle quality is achieved.

main jet is slightly high and would probly bog around full throttle. 100/102 main jet is perfect choice.
needle clip should be dropped 1 below center position, if it still feels funny then drop it one more..

as for your oil cooler question... they fill up when the engine is running from oil pressure mate, so just do your oil change and check the dip stick height with it screwed in.
you can add a little more oil to accommodate the 2 coolers.
iv seen 1ltr go in these engines with out a drama..but 900-950 is still plenty..

ok for the pilot you need to select a size that gives good response on the mixture screw around 1.5 turns.
meaning if you have it at a slightly higher idle and screw the mixture screw in the should want to stall @ nearly closed position, then wind it back out slowly until best idle quality is achieved.

main jet is slightly high and would probly bog around full throttle. 100/102 main jet is perfect choice.
needle clip should be dropped 1 below center position, if it still feels funny then drop it one more..

as for your oil cooler question... they fill up when the engine is running from oil pressure mate, so just do your oil change and check the dip stick height with it screwed in.
you can add a little more oil to accommodate the 2 coolers.
iv seen 1ltr go in these engines with out a drama..but 900-950 is still plenty..

Thanks for the advise and reply Sean.
do u know how many turns out the idle screw should be?
at the moment the idle screw is set at 3 turns out from factory. is this corrcet?
thanks again

mate good on ya spending the time writing about hope the new bike gos well.
Would +reps but dont know how yet

Hi guys i just found out that my rear brake pedle hits the foot pegs is this normal? and will i have enough travel for the brake to work proper?

mate good on ya spending the time writing about hope the new bike gos well.
Would +reps but dont know how yet

all uneed to do is press the star badge in any of my posts. cheers:clap:

Thanks for the advise and reply Sean.
do u know how many turns out the idle screw should be?
at the moment the idle screw is set at 3 turns out from factory. is this corrcet?
thanks again

idle screw is set at your preference mate..
just dont mix up which is which tho..
the larger screw is the idle screw and the little screw is the mixture screw (closest to the air cleaner)

as for the rear brake pedal youll have to ride it and see how the brakes perform..
if it needs adjusting then i guest you can wind the adjuster rod between the pedal and the master cylinder out a bit to make it come on earlier.. but dont go too far

that fuel line and the crank breather is what goes in a catch can if you motard. Both may vent a little, oil (crank) and fuel (pink) nothing to worry about. I extendend my fuel line to where the crank hose ends.

The brake is ok if it hits the peg mount. Just check that its not holding the rear brake on slightly. It probably should be adjusted so there is a mm or two gap.

that fuel line and the crank breather is what goes in a catch can if you motard. Both may vent a little, oil (crank) and fuel (pink) nothing to worry about. I extendend my fuel line to where the crank hose ends.

The brake is ok if it hits the peg mount. Just check that its not holding the rear brake on slightly. It probably should be adjusted so there is a mm or two gap.

Hi rumble
I don't really understand what I mean, my rear brake has a semi round thing for setting the peddle up travel limit but nothing to limit it for the down travel except the foot peg.
So where should the mm or 2 should be?
I have adjusted it so that the peddle would hit the clutch cover in the up travel, and the down travel it just goes to the foot peg, and the feel of the peddle is prettty light.
Unlike the front brake, with the front brake I can not pull the leaver all the way in, cos the pressure stops it.
Just wondering should the rear peddle be the same? Cos at the moment is all the way down to the foot peg.
Hope u understand what I mean.
Cheers for your advise.

Hrmmm sounds like you have an over the top brake.....
I was describing a under brake lever. Havent got a over the top so not sure on that one. But it shouldnt hit anything before the brakes are fully locked.

Does anyone have a over the top rear brake that can help me out?
my question is, should the brake lever hit the foot pegs?
and how firm should the brake lever feel?
with mine i can press it by hand pretty easily.

thanks guys

Hey mate, I've got one, They touch the footpeg mount but it's ok. Mine works perfect.
Just putt up and down the driveway and test the rears? If its really loose like how it sounds you might need to put some oil in them.

Hey mate, I've got one, They touch the footpeg mount but it's ok. Mine works perfect.
Just putt up and down the driveway and test the rears? If its really loose like how it sounds you might need to put some oil in them.

thanks tubes, i have already bleed the rear brake but just didnt have the time to ride test it b4 i go overseas, i will give it a test ride when i get back.

and mate where do u ride? i live near chatswood.

cheers

Hi guys just got back yesterday from my trip, and gave the bike a test ride. the rear brake dont work, have to have an other fiddle with them, anyway bike rides great but i had to give it about 15 kicks for it to start. tried the choke with out throttle wouldnt start. shut the choke off and gave it a tiny bit of throttle wheni kicked it. and it starts every time first kick.

Does that mean my idle is too low? (but once the bike starts up the idle seem to be at a good rev range)

pls help and any advise would be welcomed and greatful for it.

thanks guys.

did you have old fuel in the carb when it was hard to start?

but also hard starting can be wrong pilot or just bad carb tune in general

Hi guys, I have sorted everything on the bike now, but i am finding it too lound.......

any aftermarket exhaust i can buy to make it not so lound? or mods i can do to it to bring the noise level down?

thanks for your inputs.

Latest posts

Back