REVMX uncomfy

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minibiker05

Reaction score
hi all im wondering if any other revmx owners find it uncomfy to ride maybe its just me but i find it hard to standup and ride and the engine seams really jerky any info would be really apprechated cheers

get rid of the flat slide crap carby

and the stupid bar bend they have and throw some raisers on there you'll be sorted

run a keihn round slide

put some raisers on the bar mounts just to give you a bit more height it should make standing more comfortable work a treat on similar bikes

Mitch, im sure i have a set of DHZ bar risers to suit fatties. Ill have a look and let you know. If there still in the shed your welcome to them mate.

its maybe more so the throttle assembly.. spose its a 1/4 or 1/8 throttle. there jerky..

can always try a standard turn throttle..

if going to a round slide go a genuine PE28

depends.. the jerkyness might be bad for you but fine for others.. could be a gear ratio thing too.. handle bar position like coolie has said is a big thing for jerky/twitchy bikes..

but.. define jerky.. the power is jerky or the bike is jerky/twitchy under power

bigger flat slide could swing one of both ways.. make it worse or better..

throttle assemblies and sprockets are the cheapest to try first..

I found the revolution to be pretty good once i set the forks and shock up right. Out of the box it was a dog to ride.
I cant see any reason why the bike makes it hard for you to stand up and ride. Maybe your riding style??
I would stick with the oko carbie. They are pretty good.
If it has the aluminium throttle maybe look at replacing that. I find them to give the bike a funny feel to ride.
The plastic seems to run a bit smoother on the cables on the other style throttles like below.

new twist throttle grip for Dirt Trail Bike Thumpstar | eBay

JERKY like when i tap the throttle when riding it seams to jerk and seam like its in too high a gear but im running 16/39 which came on it

and dhz i wouldnt even know how to set up suspension lol even thou ive read like 40000000000 tutiorials how too lol

i have always used the normal style like this. they are available in both full turn and 1/4 turn. full turn makes power delivery smooth as
419182049_o.jpg

iv tried a lot of different styles and found it the best... 1/4 throttles are good for bush but can be a little difficult on a track if your not used to it

I had the 1 I showed you in the link on my LXR and it was smooth and good to ride. It broke so I put my spare on which was a full aluminium one and it gave it a shocking feel to ride. Its knochy. The throttle is on or off.
Have you tried setting your suspension up at all or is it still how it come new??? If you have not touched it I suggest you do. It will make a huge difference. Dont try to adjust both at once. Set your forks up 1st then work on your shock.

ok ill give that throttle a go and all ive done to the suspension was wind the top adjusters all the way off so they work they rear is **** no matter what i do to it so idk

yeah lxr throttles are putrid to ride with.. there 1/8 turn..

and yeah if you havent even touched your suspension (specially the front) then you can fiddle with engine parts all you like. it will make stuff all difference..

forks need an oil change..

I found the rear pretty good with my large butt on it so should be good with your body on it.

Latest posts

Back