Rim Locks Anybody?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have to put them ne were special?

ArragH!

and were do yuo get em

try and get it opersert the valve, also might help to get a nail punch and give were you want to drill a slight hit so that the drill doesn't slip so much

Wouldn't you only really need it in the rear tyre?

A lot of people probably don't realise it - but the disc brakes put a lot more torque on everything - more than the motor ever could . Simply slamming the brakes on hard can cause even the front tyre to spin on the rim if there's no rim locks or the tyre pressure is low ! The brakes have enough power to lock the rear wheel up at any speed - but the engine doesn't have the power to spin the wheel at any speed .

was sick of constant rear flats .. just installed a rear rim lock and slammed the guts out of it on the last ride still come home with a flat rear... was running 32psi with slime.. .. rode it hard but still got rear tyre issues.. just cant get it to stay up...lol.. at least the rim lock had me pegging back.. with out the limp mode.. tyre stilll good just up for a nother tube,, but hey whats new... butane...

Old as hell thread

But front and rear on my 12/14" wheels and on all my 10" rears.

was sick of constant rear flats .. just installed a rear rim lock and slammed the guts out of it on the last ride still come home with a flat rear... was running 32psi with slime.. .. rode it hard but still got rear tyre issues.. just cant get it to stay up...lol.. at least the rim lock had me pegging back.. with out the limp mode.. tyre stilll good just up for a nother tube,, but hey whats new... butane...

Sounds like bad luck more than anything mate, but 32psi sounds a little high, i usually run 26psi and thought that was hard enough but maybe 26psi isnt enough and 30-32psi is more the standard, what do others run?? I changed my tyre the other day with a new kenda carlsbad rear and hit something close to theoutside of the tyre and it still pinched the tube between the tyre and rim wall, seems to happen more than often, maybe my pressure isnt high enough, got me thinkn:)

Iv'e been running round with about 20psi in the rear, only had my first flat last weekend playing in the mud, and iv'e had the thing since around Oct last year?? Now it's flat though the rim lock (that iv'e sitting there for the last 4 months) will be going on.

I wanna put rim lock on my new bike on both wheels should i get somone to do it or can i? What is involved and how does it work?

I wanna put rim lock on my new bike on both wheels should i get somone to do it or can i? What is involved and how does it work?

take your wheel off,
tube out, tyre off,
drill a hole through the rim, deburr the edges,
refit the tyre, rimlock and then the tube.

easy enough to do,
just dont go pinching the tube under the rimlock when you fit it back together, and pump it up.

Latest posts

Back