RM 125, what is your opinion!?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wezza

Reaction score
Hows is the rm125 going? Im looking at buying one and am tossing up between the rm and kx. What do u reckon is the best?

What year model mate. I got a rm125. All the jap bikes are pretty much the same...

get 5 diff colored pieces of card, lay them on a table, blind fold ya self, mix them up & pick one.
u will either choose, honda, ktm, suzuki, yamaha, kwaka!

Yeh I know the CR and YZ are better bikes but alot more dosh coming outa my pocket aswell. Ive noticed the build quality difference in them but some of the rm's ive seen have killed one mates CR handling wise and was easily as quick if not faster?

how much are you going to pay.
i just bought a worked 01 cr125 for $3k. race ready with every thing done to it.
I hear the 01 cr's were the best handling, just lacked a little power down low, but overall good bike. with mods they are the best i rkn.

how much are you going to pay.
i just bought a worked 01 cr125 for $3k. race ready with every thing done to it.
I hear the 01 cr's were the best handling, just lacked a little power down low, but overall good bike. with mods they are the best i rkn.

I know that the 97 cr125 was the last of the steel frame and the 98 was the first of the aluminum frame... The cr was one of the best 125s during the early 90's-97. The 98 model was a completely new bike.. New frame new engine... They handled like shit from 97-00 and today they still have a pretty crappy engine... I'm pretty shore the 01 model was a decent bike. But i wouldn't get a cr125 from 98-00. They apparently handled so bad jeremy mcgrath left Honda in late 96 or 97 because he thought the the 97 cr250 (new aluminum frame on the 250s) was a death trap.

yeah, very nice bikes in 01, handled the best in their tests, just lacked down low, but with mods it shits over every thing. it's a toss up! either way u go, they are all nice bikes.

but no one knew or wanted to answer so i renamed the post to what i thought looked appropriate..

I would really like to know sik-pj's view on the rm125 cause thats the bike im looking at. What year/condition was it in?

I think the RM is a fantastic bike, but is still a Jap 2 stroke which are as ppl have stated, are all much of a muchness.
Has anyone here heard of or looked at the Italian made TM Racing, MX or Enduro range of bikes.
They are bit more expensive, but there a pretty sic ride.
Interested in knowing ur thoughts....

HMM YUM on the TM's!! also the Gas Gas and husqvarna are worth a look.. if you got the $$ to spare on a 125...

sweet motard 125 by TM:
tmsm.jpg

GasGas SX125:
gasgas.jpg

Husqvarna CR125:
CR125_1024.jpg

personally id get a kick @rse trials bike if i was to spend that kind of $ but thats just me!
trials.jpg

get a KTM 200 they fuking rule

I would really like to know sik-pj's view on the rm125 cause thats the bike im looking at. What year/condition was it in?

i had an 95 rm125 i done a top end i sized it. so had to spend some $ on it to get it running again. i sold it a while ago now so yeh i should of keep it it fuk n went hard my mate raced a 01 cr125 and it killed his!

Last edited by a moderator:
to all them ppl that say there all alike are wrong in my opinion every 2 stroke ive owned an rode have handled differently an power is also different at the moment i have a 2000 an 2003 yz 125 an both are completly different rides

the RM125 is a good qaulity bike so go for it!!
i like the way the rm125 handles an also has great power but im not a fan of the RM250
"""long live the 2strokes""" lol

i had an rm125... it was okay, race spec, it was honed or bored out to 151 cc I think... got it done at race replica kawasaki in brooklyn...anyways... i didnt really like it, now i have a 96 cr125... and it fuken hammers:D

to all them ppl that say there all alike are wrong in my opinion every 2 stroke ive owned an rode have handled differently an power is also different at the moment i have a 2000 an 2003 yz 125 an both are completly different rides

the RM125 is a good qaulity bike so go for it!!
i like the way the rm125 handles an also has great power but im not a fan of the RM250
"""long live the 2strokes""" lol

The rm250 has been number one on just about every mx shootout since 2004 but everyone has their own opinion. I wouldn't go for a tm, gas gas or husky because parts are dearer and not readily available like the jap bikes. And they wont hold there value as nobody wants them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back