Road legal yamoto xplorer 125cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minibenny

Reaction score
Jst wanted to start a thread about what people think about the new yamoto xplorer 125cc road legal bike......are these bikes road legal in nsw or is it just qld....
If u haven't seen them..
Go to... www.yamoto.com.au
I think they would be mad to hoon around the neighbourhood on lol

Yamoto is just around the corner from my house so if I'm down that way I'll take a look/pics.

haha that thing looks pretty cool,for its price it,d be a fun ride

They suck, seen one the other day. Sounds like shit looks like shit goes like shit.....not worth 1700 lol you could get a little car for that :p

I want one. I just got to convince the wife its necessary. I would like to buzz the cop shop and take it thru the drive thru at Mcdonalds.

god they have sonme ugly bikes hehehe

take a look at the agy bike with the rabbit ear mirrors PMSL

don't you only really need the frame,mlights, speedo, horn and a 125cc engine to make it road legal. because for $1700 you could sell some of the stock parts and make it into a killer bike.

OMG i hate china evan more now do u ever think they actualy look at the bike??? they are soo ugly and i feel sory for ANYone who thinks they arnt and isnt a detonator bad ??? like i wouldnt call a bike a detonator lol

Theres only a small shit pic on that site. Someone who lives close to that shop should take some pictures of it. If it has a decent frame you could make a pretty sweet bike. I would only use the frame and the equipment to make it road legal. I would pretty much change everything over from my DHZ minus the swingarm even the 140cc... or maybe the new 150cc engines getting around when they drop in price :D. Then sell all the left over crap and make a couple dollars back.

Last edited:
I'll see if I can go around and look at it today. Will take some proper photos.

You would be able to upgrade some bits but you would probably need to stick to 125cc and stick with road legal tyres. There is a decent pic in the latest issue of just bikes. The brakes look pretty good. They only have 10" wheels and big mirrors which makes them look weird and the exhaust looks gay.

i want 1, although id prefer the motovert rx, would be sooo fun just 4 cruzing around and going through drive throughs!

Wat r they doing trying to take over yamaha?
:p
Edit: it looks like theyve copied honda and ktm graphics 2

Last edited:
You would be able to upgrade some bits but you would probably need to stick to 125cc and stick with road legal tyres. There is a decent pic in the latest issue of just bikes. The brakes look pretty good. They only have 10" wheels and big mirrors which makes them look weird and the exhaust looks gay.

Even if the mods are illegal its not like your going to get in serious trouble with the police. Wouldn't it be classified as a defect???

the engine will have to match up with the info on the frame so you have to keep it 124cc

Grind the 140cc stamp off the head and repaint?? There would be ways around it. A lot of people with z50s have bigger engines in them.

Even if the mods are illegal its not like your going to get in serious trouble with the police. Wouldn't it be classified as a defect???

Yes, IMO you would want to keep the mods easy to reverse so that you can get it back on the road. So putting a 140 in would mean swaping the engine back where keeping it as a 125 means it would just be ehhaust etc.

Latest posts

Back