Road legal yamoto xplorer 125cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
geez that looks awful
it looks like they have taken the Motovert RX and
beaten it with a hammer until it looks like shit!
haha

id rather ride a bloody huffy around the neighbourhood

first thing id do with that thing is..eather give to my sister, or ride it off the bloody jetty.

Went down to Yamoto today to pick up some bark busters and rear tubes. Saw a 110cc four-stroke water-cooled bike with a two-stroke expansion chamber lol. A lot of their bikes have Fastace or DNM shocks though so they're getting a bit better.

Anyway I saw their fleet of Xplorers and boy are they ugly little things. I think they run the same brand of tyres as the Motovert RX though. Here's a photo, sorry about the bikes in the background which make it a bit hard to see but it was just a quick pic on the way out of the store.

Yamoto.jpg

Last edited:
It's a ADR requirement or something. I remember reading something about minimum rear wheel coverage and stuff in a document about getting a road worthy on modified motorcycles.

I would use the frame, headlight, brake light, mirrors, blinkers and replace everything else.

it looks fair ugly but the whole concept is good, few easy mods will make it look a whole heap better, would be good to cruise to the bush in, thats if u dont live far..

They suck, seen one the other day. Sounds like shit looks like shit goes like shit.....not worth 1700 lol you could get a little car for that :p

mate how do you know they are shit have you got one i seen they are $1499 now i think you dont know shit wayne@yamoto

mate how do you know they are shit have you got one i seen they are $1499 now i think you dont know shit wayne@yamoto

TOLD hehehe

allthou tis a ugly lil bugger ,mind you with some mods it would look cool

yeh it is ugly as all hell i think we all accept that but no matter what it would be great to cruise down to the shops on or sumtin like that atleast then you could do some carpark riding legally lol it would be sweet i think

haha
that thing looks so funny

but wouldnt it be a bit small to ride on the road?

just because of the looks doesnt mean you cant have fun on it tho

i got one. they are legal everywhere, worth 900 un assembled, but id rather have used my twin spar frame than its monotube one...

if you assemble it, be prepared for a bit of a fuck around

be warned...if it hasnt been IMPORTED as a road vehicle, the rta will knock it back
ie, all thumpstar varients are toys, and while an engineer may certify it as roadworthy, the rta classifies them as toys...
this explorer and that motovert? are the exceptions, as they are imported as road vehicles

my plan? get it registered and swap everything to my other frame...that i sold damn it but swap frame numbers and come three years and rego inspection time...who da fuck would know?

the build of these explorers is...hmmm...dodgy...if i was a qualified engineering signatory, id knock it back

otherwise...weee, gunna be fun:)
and shit it hurts dropping them on the road in the wet...lol

doesnt do much for that alloy swingarm either...

anyone got an old i think it was an elstar...twin spar frame?

i did ten ft jumps on that sucker,stock...no bending cracking or anything

only thing i had to mod was the axles...cheese, use a postie ct110's

and laced a cr80 17" to the front for steering control :eek:

shouldnt have sold it :(

i don't like the look of it. The motovert RX looks better even though it has the same design.

quit whinging:p they cool...once you pull the stickers off lol
but still... sorry wayne, but the information from you guys is a bit...vague?

i gotta ring you guys to clarify some of these sections in the checklist for my mechanic
such as why does it say 3.4 tyres when the manual and the bike both say 3.5?

silly stuff that really does piss people off at times when it ISNT straightforward

1499? wtf? 899!

they look shity cause of the graphics blue plastics refletors and rear mud gurad change all that and they would look sweet as

took one for a spin today... it says max load 65kgs i am 93kgs hahahahha the thing is dog slow for the extra money the motorvert would be so much better...

but if u are Learning then these would be gr8

Latest posts

Back