Roller rocker valve clearance??????

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i run 0.004 inch inlet and 0.006 exhaust but was talking to some people on facebook and some of them run 0.005 and apparently thats better...

So i notice your about to rock, are you going bigbore also?

Yeh I'm gunna go big bore but ill try to see how much power this gives. Not to sure on stock hp of yx160cc and how many horses form this head and my setup I've got. I may get my mate to do a case bore and go 201 bigbore

Yeh I'm gunna go big bore but ill try to see how much power this gives. Not to sure on stock hp of yx160cc and how many horses form this head and my setup I've got. I may get my mate to do a case bore and go 201 bigbore
i was thinking of doing all that, then i rode kostas 190 (tb piston) and roy will agree its hard to even put the power down to the ground..

you will get a decent upgrade in power with the tb head, i would reccomend going to a s25 cam if your staying stock bore to retrive some bottom end power... or if your going to go up to a 184 kit (i highly reccomend the bottom ends last decently and its great useable power) stick with the s35 because it will pull from the bottom to top rpm anyways

Hi

We run 0.003" inlet and 0.004" exhaust clearances (thou not mm), have been running those clearances on Reefy's and several other race bikes with V2 heads for almost 5 years now and have never had a top end failure.

If you need to run larger clearances can only suggest that your bike may be running too hot.

We have a customer that we are working with that is running a 201cc V2 headed engine, breaks spokes on the stock rear wheel, goes quite well, but as mentioned hard to get the power to the ground, just takes some practice.

Cheers

Jaimie

Hi

We run 0.003" inlet and 0.004" exhaust clearances (thou not mm), have been running those clearances on Reefy's and several other race bikes with V2 heads for almost 5 years now and have never had a top end failure.

If you need to run larger clearances can only suggest that your bike may be running too hot.

We have a customer that we are working with that is running a 201cc V2 headed engine, breaks spokes on the stock rear wheel, goes quite well, but as mentioned hard to get the power to the ground, just takes some practice.

Cheers

Jaimie

Seeing you know quite alot was wondering this, ive heard many people say that the v2 head and 184cc bore kit wears out your engine quicker because there's more stress on the gearbox and the rev twice as hard as stock, what do you say about that?

im not classic honda 50 but let me tell ya (cant help myself) it will blow 3rd gear and the crank wears out quicker(but you will never notice because 3rd gear will chip before that) you pay for performance (70 bucks some beer and time)
before you think its not worth the upkeep get one out and ride it then ask them how many hours they have ridden it for (it will suprise you)
some people even report dogs sheering off the gears.. the clutches dont last for too long either but hey if you ride one with the 184 and a tb head (prolly better with taky rollers and ti retainers) you will see why its all worth it

Seeing you know quite alot was wondering this, ive heard many people say that the v2 head and 184cc bore kit wears out your engine quicker because there's more stress on the gearbox and the rev twice as hard as stock, what do you say about that?

They can fail just as quick stock or with a 184 V2.
The key to a lasting engine and trans is maintenance and using the clutch to shift up and down gears.
I have a 177 V2 (155z not ho)at the moment that has well over 100 hours on it and 3 race seasons. Original rings. Original gears.
Kick start gear has 1 tooth missing.
Outer clutch basket was replaced.
I replace valves,springs and seals regularly to prevent damage .
one of the biggest problems I have seen happen is the bearing on the output shaft lets go.
I clean my air filter after every ride. After every race so 4 times in a meeting.
I change my oil every 2nd ride and every race meeting. Some people may say its over the top but saves on rebuild costs.

i second that damo regular maintenance and it should last for ever

The key to a lasting engine and trans is maintenance and using the clutch to shift up and down gears.
I have a 177 V2 (155z not ho)at the moment that has well over 100 hours on it and 3 race seasons. Original rings. Original gears.
one of the biggest problems I have seen happen is the bearing on the output shaft lets go.
I clean my air filter after every ride. After every race so 4 times in a meeting.
I change my oil every 2nd ride and every race meeting. Some people may say its over the top but saves on rebuild costs.

i second that damo regular maintenance and it should last for ever

Very well said damo :thumbup:
i third that!!

keeping correct chain tension! ive sean alot of people kill there gear box from having lose or worn chains, bouble up around front sprocikt end up smashing case's n gears.

Very well said damo :thumbup:
i third that!!

keeping correct chain tension! ive sean alot of people kill there gear box from having lose or worn chains, bouble up around front sprocikt end up smashing case's n gears.

i just put 3 fingers under th chain where the chain guard ends on the upper part of the swingarm and yeah thats how i do it

I have the 160ho if i put on a 184cc bore would that make it a 184 or 172, cause dont want to spend 700 on my motor was thinking just the 184cc bore kit for $230 would be fine, wouldnt it?

155Z engine with the big bore kit makes it a 177cc,
Z155HO / 160HO with the bb kit is 177cc too, as they all have the same 55mm stroke

your gains will be bigger when combined with the V2 head kit as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back