running fuel?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Air fuel screw is possibly on the bottom of the carby? Not sure about your particular bike but on two of mine I have to take the carby off to access the air fuel screw.

Check that fuel is getting into the carby - take the air filter off and put your hand over the mouth where the air filter was, kick the bike over and you should get a handful of fuel mist.

If you're getting fuel, you say you've got a spark, and you've got the carby settings roughly correct it should start. If it doesn't the next thing I'd do would be to check valve clearances. They should be around 0.003 inlet and 0.004 outlet - double check that though as that is just a rough guide.

yeh i need to find this air screw, i couldnt see a brass screw anywhere on the bottom. so i cant be sure if carb is set right yet.
can anyone with the type R tell me where to find this damn air screw?

mixture screw is on the manifold side of the carb just under where the carb bolts to the manifold. Also try some carby start you can get it from supercheap while your there get a new spark plug it could be that simple.

guys. struck gold, guys at motorbikecity showed me a little thing or two.

details.
that carby starts fine off choke with airbox, used 1/4 throttle. few kicks later. BAM!

now to spend hours lock titing my bike ready for its madem voyage!

i appreciate all your handy hints and comments, yewww! yey for moto

sparkplug would be nice but everytime i kicked it over for test i got spark, unless its insuficient.
bike idled nicely for a few minutes. shut it off. wouldnt start again.. warm carby, hard to start, still a problem me thinks. ill try supercheap then ey

Taking it back to the shop, let them deal with it.
Uts too incosistent for a new bike turning over.. Sounds good but

Problem solved, lose internal shaft for butterfly. Just fine adjustments
And shes ready for the track

Latest posts

Back