RX upgrade

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motovert Pro

Reaction score
I bought an RX a couple of weeks ago that has a 125 in it that is about as exciting as watching a strip show at a retirement village.
Ive got a 146cc barrel and high comp piston to put in it which should put a small smile on my face for a week or so but only have the standard head not the BVH.So long term id like to put in a Lifan 150, and was wondering if anyone has done this and got it all working with lights etc?,i dont care about the electric leg ill sacrifice that for the extra ponies.
If you have sucessfully done it was it a hard conversion or relatively simple?
Any tips you could share?

bikes looking good mate
ive seen 150's in them plenty
im putting daytona T-rex 150 in my RX 50
what else do you plan to change?

Hey Troy, the Lifan 150 will be a direct bolt in job, only thing i'm not sure of, is whether the ORK that comes stock in the 150 will have enough grunt to power the lights etc on an RX...

Hey Troy, the Lifan 150 will be a direct bolt in job, only thing i'm not sure of, is whether the ORK that comes stock in the 150 will have enough grunt to power the lights etc on an RX...

Yeah i know it will be a bolt in application,i would just like to hear from anyone that may have done it to see if they had any troubles with the lighting/wiring etc

Yeah i know it will be a bolt in application,i would just like to hear from anyone that may have done it to see if they had any troubles with the lighting/wiring etc
from what i have heard the kit wont run lights , altho if you run the headlight from the stator and the rest from the batt i cant see it being a problem but i do no the posty build guy is having lighting probs ie charge

same as a fellow monkeygarage member who also runs the 150 , same prob not enough to charge batt

i thought the stock stator would do but im told this is no good for the 150 motors ??

so id wait

the one that came into wanneroo motocycles we fit a YX motovert 150 engine and it power'd fine!
im unsure whether my dad changed anything though. i remember it being a bolt in job

from what i have heard the kit wont run lights , altho if you run the headlight from the stator and the rest from the batt i cant see it being a problem but i do no the posty build guy is having lighting probs ie charge

same as a fellow monkeygarage member who also runs the 150 , same prob not enough to charge batt

i thought the stock stator would do but im told this is no good for the 150 motors ??

so id wait

Thanks snitchy
that sucks though i bustin for a bit more squirt.might have to make do with the 146 a bigger carby and less restrictive exhaust for the time being and try and source a big valve head for a bit better flow

Latest posts

Back