SA 50's track petition

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geezus18

Reaction score
im making this thread to see how many replies i can get from people who want to get a 50's track up and running in SA. It would be siik to have a dedicated track to go to whenever we want to thrash our bikes. This is a much better option to riding illegally and on the streets. So lets see the replies and ideas coming!!!!!

Yeah for sure !!!!! But where and how?

The government can build public skate parks but once you add an engine it becomes "too dangerous" or "against policy" GRR we need a petition with a million signatures for them to do it!! :mad:

maybe if we get the word out enough a private land owner might allow a part of there land to be made into a track. you never know. and we would probably need legal papers made up because some wankers who hurt themselves at tracks (wehn its completly their fault) sue.

ill support a track for sure!!!

i reckon we just find a remote piece of crown land hidden somewhere, and build our own track, and just keep it kinda secret maybe:D

nice and hidden from roads etc, than the fuzz might turn a blind eye if they ever did find it!!!

a couple of weekend working bees and we would be all set;)

Yeah, anyone know of any crown land anywhere or someone who will let us use there land hahah?? Then we just need someone with a bobcat or an excavator. (or some one who will pay to hire one)

yeah i agree that there should be a track, even if the council gave you permission to build a track on some of there land, away from houses and business'. Then advertise the making of the track and have public members get involved in the construction. the council wouldn't have to do anything but supply some land and have a contract made saying that they will not be held responsible for accidents and injury (including death which i hope doesn't occur)

well thats just my ideas others may have different views.

i can get a bobcat at mates rates, plus i can swing a shoval pretty well:p

just need some land, at work we have 100 acres of bloody land, i already asked to buy a few acres off him last week hahaha, he said bikes will wreck his land, hahaha what would he know:p

yeah id be glad to take a shovel in hand lol. This thrack that maylands is talking about sound pretty sweet...hopefully we will hear from him soon once hes gone and checked the place out...or we could even make the track at that sellicks spot.

I wish sellicks was closer to me!

There is sortof a track like the one we want, allready made, its secluded from houses and next to the gun club, heres some info I have on it, it also mentions a "now closed Lonsdale Mini Bike Track".

"The South Coast Motocross Club grew out of the Mini Trail Club of S.A., which held competitions for Junior riders only, at the now closed Lonsdale Mini Bike Track and the Southern Districts Mini Bike Club With the change of name in the mid 1970's, the Club began catering for Senior riders in addition to its strong Junior following. This mix of Senior and Junior riders is a trend continued up to the present time, with many other Junior and Senior clubs now also catering for both age groups. OBJECTIVES The principal objective of the Club is to promote Motocross to the widest possible sector of the community. To achieve this objective the Club stages regular Motocross race meetings, and maintains a permanent track, which is available to all members for unofficial practice or just social riding, during daylight hours, five days a week from Friday through to Tuesday."

South Coast:

SouthCoast.jpg

yeah i wouldnt really call that a 50's track anymore..it needs to be tighter and different jump set ups..but its still a hell of a good track. do all size bikes ride there??? and do you know how much it is for like a license or whatever you need?

Dunno about licenses but as it says that track evolved from the minitrail track so it used to be a 50 track, any one can ride there and yeah I guess its more of a big bike track.

i thought it was a club and you needed to pay and wear all the appropriate safety equipment..eg. boots, helmet, goggles etc.

Hmm maybe you do, all it says is "the Club stages regular Motocross race meetings, and maintains a permanent track, which is available to all members for unofficial practice or just social riding, during daylight hours, five days a week from Friday through to Tuesday". I don't know.

yeah pretty sure you need to be a member and have all the gear..pretty sure its fair expensive aswell...but im not positve

yeah you need all the shit to ride at south coast and it is expensive unless you have ur licence. but im up for gettn a mini tyrack goen! for shure im in the adelaide hills so bit ov a way to go but it would be worth it!

yeah no crap id travel like 1 hour EVERY day to ride on a dedicated 50's track with heaps of other pittys around!!

Latest posts

Back