SA 50's track petition

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the way.I was was talking to Damian at Pooraka Track today and he informed me that racing at Pooraka this Sunday is cancelled..!!!They are now having a "Fun Day" including Go-Karts Sat 6pm on..

Thanks Brian.. Yea I Will Probably head down Tomoro, But without the Motard.. Cya there... ;)

Oh What do you think about the SuperMotard Idea?

on the petition... im not to sure how they work or anything but as far as i do know is it requires signatures, forums could be one person under 6 different names.. so best bet might be to print up a form and stick it at a few bike shops, leaving a self addressed envelope and stamps, give them a month or two and ask them to stick it in the mail and post it back to you...
At least that way you will have legitamate signatures etc..
Just an option!

Yea Thats Probably best idea, Wack a few Down at some bikes shops and Maybe some Mx tracks ect.. And Maybe Someone Could make a Printable Version For us to sign..

Im no motard rider..but for you guys who are you could proabably try pt.elliot pits, they have a sweet track and it would be siik for motard riding, ill get a google earth pic up soon.
Now on the sellicks track, i agree we should keep it as low key as possible, its probably not the best land to just take over lol, we really need somewhere FULLY legal.
Ohh and Mayland, have ya checked out that other track in the sellicks area, if ya havnt hurry up!!! haha just kiddin just let us know when you go have a look ;)

here it is fellas:
pt.jpg

the big arse right hander on the left of the photo has like a 20 or so degree angle on it so you get hell g forces on it...i rekkon it would be mad for motard!

Hey Geezus18.

i have been actively campaigning and approaching Go-Kart tracks for the last 12months in regards to Pocket Bike racing/Minimotard.The reception so far is "frosty" to say the least.The clubs and track owners are all worried about bikes being dropped and having the track chewed up by footpegs and axles ,plus the fuel spillage issue. The Pt Elliot Pits is a great track but the owner is not interested in expanding the track use.He is very concerned about noise issues as there is housing nearby.One complaint to the EPA and he is history he reckons !.So its a no go there.I am in talks with a very large Adelaide circuit in regards to holding races as we speak.Fingers crossed it all works out !!!!

hmm what a bitch, the closetst house to pt elliot pits would be nearly 1/2km away and its a farm house lol..o well i guess its fair enough..kinda...sort of...well not really but o well lol :D

Hey Geezus18.

i have been actively campaigning and approaching Go-Kart tracks for the last 12months in regards to Pocket Bike racing/Minimotard.The reception so far is "frosty" to say the least.The clubs and track owners are all worried about bikes being dropped and having the track chewed up by footpegs and axles ,plus the fuel spillage issue. The Pt Elliot Pits is a great track but the owner is not interested in expanding the track use.He is very concerned about noise issues as there is housing nearby.One complaint to the EPA and he is history he reckons !.So its a no go there.I am in talks with a very large Adelaide circuit in regards to holding races as we speak.Fingers crossed it all works out !!!!

Good Work Maylands, im really hoping You sort out something with a Track, And you will always have my Support, Also Pocketracingbikes Team.
As Rossi Racing Said They are both Very Good Tracks But For the Occasional Racer I think Barossa would be maybe a Little far, But Bolivar looks like and excellent track (and Not too far out of peoples way)

Anyway Good Luck Brian, Hoping you have some success And Hoping Pb's Pick back up in winter...

Oh And Looking forward To see you down Pooraka With motard.. :D

Cheers Blair

1) as i lived in pt elliot area, i can assure you elliot pits will NEVER allow motard bikes to use his track, we have talked to him for years trying to get him to allow our own gokarts to use his track in normal working hours, and his reply for years has been, "not in a million years mate" so getting it used for bikes will never happen LOL

2) sellicks track, as for my claiming it comment, it was only a "tongue in cheek" comment hey:D you could never run anything even half serious from something like that, as a matter of fact in this day and age of legitiation, i cant ever see a 50 track ever being done "by the books" insurance to cover a track like that properly would be 1000's, which would just make it unviable.

3) council will never allow a properly run dirt track on there land full stop!!!, so finding tracks and keeping them hidden and kinda secret is the only way its gonna happen i reckon, as for the sellicks track, as long as you have plenty of extinguishers on standby, and just use common sense i reckon that place works well for a casual weekend ride....

4) does anyone know if the sellicks track is "unofficially" owned by any street groups???? ie if you were using it and they rocked up, would a argument start???

Cheers

yeah i dont wanna get smacked the f*^ck up and get my bike torched or something like that...who knows what most of you city folk would do to us simple country bogans!
haha just kiddin fellas..but seriously, are there any arseholes like that who will pretend its THEIR track and not let anyone else ride it???

Hi Pitmaster.Your right on all accounts there.Low key and under the radar is the way to go.The Local boys seem real friendly as, and the guys I spoke to said they would love to have more riders rock up rather than less.No-one was on edge about moving in on the locals.Its not like surfing with the "townies" stealing waves and copping a possible beating !!

All good so far !!!!!!!!!!!

ok sweet dude..i know all about the surfing mumbo jumbo..i really couldnt care less who im out surfing/ riding with as long as they nice people, dont drop in on me or act like a total dick!!!! :D
Id love to be riding with a whole lot of other pitty riders, much better than eating a 250 or 450 roost lol :D

count me in, cant wait to see a real piece land to ride my new Pisterpro

I Just had a thought, For Anyone interested in Supermotard..

As I race Pocketbikes at Pooraka Mini GP race Way.. It just Sprung to mind.
If you Look at the Pic They have the Road Track and Then the Mini Dirt Track Which Is just their For one of the owners son's..

But I was Thinking What about organising Supermotard Meets After The PocketBike Meets which are held Usually Every 2 Weeks.. Pooraka Already host Motard Class And Usually have a Good Turn out (8-12 Motards).

But maybe Another Class Could be formed "SuperMotard"

supermotard.jpg

If you Look at the Picture from Google Earth as it hasnt been undated for a year or so.. The Dirt Track is now Entended (in Orange).
The red is the Proposed SupeMotard Track.

As a Pocketbike Meet is this week end, I will Speak to Damo Or Bruce (owners) about this, And see what they think...

Here Are a Few Pics from I think it might have been the First Motard Race Ever at Pooraka?? (I Took Them but wasnt to interested until now).
There is Also Some supermotard vids I found on youtube..

LatestofCAMInc-8.jpg

LatestofCAMInc-9.jpg

LatestofCAMInc-10.jpg

Anyway, if anyone Is half interested Shout out...!!!

Thanks Dreamah

Anyone Keen On Racing Motards??

Next Race Meet Is 18th of April...

Cheers Dreamah

Hi your right we are all good guys and would love for more riders to ride with but at this stage the track is in very early stages and you all would undrstand how hard it is to get somewhere to ride legaly.If we have all these unknowns rocking up then it puts more tension on the owners as there is NO INSURANCE and they will just flatten the track and we are all back to square 1.
It seems every1 thinks its crown land and it is most defently not.There are keep out signs etc so its fair obvious.
we are all give 100% support to a track to be built somewhere for every1 to ride.we could even possibly get machines and tippers to help out at real mates rates.If there is some1 out there with some cash and land to get it started i could see it being a succesful business even for who ever.
ps the user name racerx was just for laugh.

what about talking to some actual motocross places about it like TTG or southcoast or murray bridge about making a seperate track for minis? yould still be covered by the insurance and everything ay. i havnt read throgh this whole thread so this questin already might ov benn answered.

Latest posts

Back