SA 50's track petition

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats a good idea... but they wouldnt do it unless alot of people wanted it.

Thrashthumpy do you know Craig Blackie from MB, races 250cc and his thumpster?

no worries mate, i know hes got a mate in the hills, and just wondered!

theres a big race meet at MB in june, they are tearing up the track now and rebuilding it, now would be the time to get in there and ask about a 50's track lol

Hey guys.I have just received a phone call from a guy at Sellicks beach regarding the 2nd track mentioned that has been built there.It is PRIVATE PROPERTY It is not for anyones use other than the owner.Apparently guys have been turning up and riding ilegally and getting chased out by the owner...Please note !!In a previous post I said I would try to find the track and check it out etc.Well I never even got that far!!!!! The poor owner is under the impression you fellas think its OK to rock up and ride !!!! NO !!!!

So guys the Sellicks Beach track is definately OFF LIIMITS OK !!!!!

The one behind the hotel or the other one? The other one right?

The guy that phoned me said the 2nd track was the issue,I actually asked him if he meant the Victory Hotel track and he said no not that one !!!!??.

I am hoping "racerx" will post here again and confirm everything..We really dont want to be causing any friction between people !!!

Over to you racerx !!!!!!!

I just rang the Sellicks guys again confirm the Illegal track use issue and he said the Victory Hotel track is OK to use.The problem of illegal track use and Trespassers is at the 'Other" Sellicks beach track..I hopes this sorts out any misunderstanding fellas !!!....

Cheers Brian

the victor hotel track had "private property" signs up when i went few weeks ago,

dunno if ill be going back again now!!! the tiny road doesnt allow for a quick getaway ahaha, it takes 20min just to turn ya car with trailers around!!!

its getting all to hard, ill just find bushland and go riding lol

That sign is a real worry ...Hmmm I reckon we better have a decent chat with the Southern boys and find out what is OK and what Isnt.

We really need a couple of the Southern boys or their mates to get on this Forum and fill us in.I know its difficult for them as there is no Broadbad down South as yet...

Cheers

yeah...thats a bit of a let down..i was all excited i had a spot to ride that wasnt a HUGE drive away....o well other oppourtunities mught come up!

Hey guys I called into SA FUn Bikes at Lonsdale on Saturday and they have a petition going for a pit bike track in the southern area. Get Off ya buts and get in there and sign it..Hey!

We will give them a call today and get a copy of the petition for customers to sign here too !!!!!.

Cheers for the heads up Mcanix

I have also herad that there is a track made or near completion at Golden Grove somewhere done by the local Council. May be worth getting in touch with the council out that way to confirm?

The tea tree gully track is right next to golden grove, that isnt the one is it?

Anyway, this petition sounds good!

sounds like a good idea for us adelaide boys, i live in the golden grove area (more specifically Wynn Vale) and am currently hittin' up the park next door hahaha, plenty of dirt tracks spread through my area near the quarry but its been a while since i have been riding and the suspension on my bike is terribly stiff but great for jumps.

this may be rumor but apparently there is now a 50's track out near the RAFF base down Salisbury way just off Heaslip Rd. i dont know if this is true or what, have no idea but nice and local for any of the surburban lads up north.

Port Gawler is due open again sometime soon (apparently August september area) and thet were in the process of building up a 50's track there, although i must admit when i saw it i was quite depressed as there were no jumps, no berms or hips, just a layout.

the sooner we get some tracks going the better, all we need is someone which owns a few acres of land willing to get a track going, private would be better to begin with as it would make good grounds to start just with the locals and expand from there. insurance for public use is going to hurt riders pockets as unfortunatly due to the nature of our sport the chances of death are also higher than insurance company's would like. the sooner the government notice that there are kids only riding on the streets because there is nowhere else to go, hopefully the sooner they will make something happen but this is mainly delusional talk as the government is filled with a#% holes.

i will keep my eyes open for anything of interest or possibly someone willing to part with a little land.

Cheers, Tony.

Can't wait till Port Gawler re-open's!!!!!!!!

Is this the 50 track at Port Gawler? The one on the right?

PortGawler.jpg

And yeah, if they build a 50 track it'll get me off the street! :)

Latest posts

Back