Sachs Madass 125

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xyrt99

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I have a 2008 sachs madass that i use as my primary mode of transport. Recently it took a turn for the worst when the engine developed a problem with second gear slipping.

After doing a bit of research it seems that my options come down to sinking a lot of money having someone pull it apart to get at the gear box. Or spending less by simply buying a new engine and getting a mechanic to install that.

Does anyone know of any company's that can sell a replacement engine or alternatively an engine that can be easily installed to the sachs madass? I have a very limited mechanical knowledge and as such have not yet been able to find anything definitive.

- any help much appreciated.

they run a pit bike motor don't they?

best thing to do is post up pics mate.

you can install the engine yourself to save labor, its not hard.
are you ok with spanners?

what kind of riding style are you doing on the street. i mean are you plonking around in the lower rpm range, or winding it out abit more.

have a look at
lifan 140cc and 150cc
yx150cc and yx160
and also the zongshen 155z.

if your keen on replacing the motor with something abit more userfreindly and ofcoarse powerful
shoot me a pm and we can talk some more about your options and i can do all the work for you aswell

located in melbourne

Hey thanks for the advice so far.

Basically i do like to fang it around the city however given my utter lack of knowledge i'm trying to get something that will require me to replace as little as possible other than the engine as i really have no idea how it all goes together and wouldn't have a clue where to begin. :confused: My budget is around about $1000 - $1300 all up. And if it happens to get a little faster in the process then i certainly wont be complaining. Although the local police might.

I saw this on ebay: LIFAN 140CC OIL COOL ENGINE 1P55FMJ DIRT PITBIKE OUTLAW - eBay Other Makes, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 19-Mar-10 23:50:50 AEDST)

and was wondering if that would be an appropriate replacement without having to replace many other parts to get it compatible?

I also agree and would love to order from OOracing... if only they where in Australia ~sigh~

Hey thanks for the advice so far.

Basically i do like to fang it around the city however given my utter lack of knowledge i'm trying to get something that will require me to replace as little as possible other than the engine as i really have no idea how it all goes together and wouldn't have a clue where to begin. :confused: My budget is around about $1000 - $1300 all up. And if it happens to get a little faster in the process then i certainly wont be complaining. Although the local police might.

I saw this on ebay: LIFAN 140CC OIL COOL ENGINE 1P55FMJ DIRT PITBIKE OUTLAW - eBay Other Makes, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 19-Mar-10 23:50:50 AEDST)

and was wondering if that would be an appropriate replacement without having to replace many other parts to get it compatible?

I also agree and would love to order from OOracing... if only they where in Australia ~sigh~

That is a viable option but id try to get my hands on a Lifan 150.For not much more money not only will you get 10 more cc,you will get a much better motor with a substantially different power delivery.

yeah look into the lifan 150 and you wont look back. you'll forget the 140 even existed.

finally someone with a nice budget. and not those idiots who say 'what is the best bike i can get for $200?'

for your budget you will have not probs.

what will you need. (guys help me out here)

1. lifan 150cc $450
2. 26mm carby kit $160 max
3. pipe to fit head $150?

what else guys

yeah look into the lifan 150 and you wont look back. you'll forget the 140 even existed.

finally someone with a nice budget. and not those idiots who say 'what is the best bike i can get for $200?'

for your budget you will have not probs.

what will you need. (guys help me out here)

1. lifan 150cc $450
2. 26mm carby kit $160 max
3. pipe to fit head $150?

what else guys

Keep an eye on ebay,i recently won my Lifan 150 on there from a sponsor of this forum (DHZ) for $399+30 for frieght.He will also be able to help you out with a carby at the same time and will then reduce the frieght costs.I think i paid about $110 for my 26mm carby.As for a pipe have a hunt around as the pipe i ran on my 125 is VERY loud on my 150 and a defect waiting to happen.

Thanks for the help guys.

Im currently talkign with spoonta68 who was going to quote me parts/labor as well as with mojomotorcycles and looking at costs/options. Still not sure exactly what my moves will be. But hopefully my little madass will soon be back terrorizing the city.

Although now that ive made the decision to replace the engine i dont feel bad about riding it and just bypassing second... wost that can happen is i can destroy the engine a little more.

engine parts :)

what happened with old engine? if its not in use, maybe u sell parts from it? :)

i don't think you'll get an answer,
that thread was 3 years ago, so i'm guessing he sold the engine for parts or threw it away.

Latest posts

Back