Shipping cost for motor to firepower

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemo86

Reaction score
G'day

Has anyone on here shipped there motor from here to firepower? How much did the shipping cost?

I no a few guys have sent motors there but it was already in the states

Cheers

It is an ok price to get stuff sent to him but then add the price to get it sent back and its not viable to do.
You can go on aussie post website and do a quote.

Its usually expensive to send stuff there but cheaper getting stuff sent back....woggy bought his motor from some over there n got them to send it to firepower then they sent it here...from wat I remember reading on his build thread

How much ya reckon an engine would weigh? Lol...I just did 19.5 20kgs

Depending on how ya ship it( sea, air, express air) it ranges from $205 to $420

Last edited:
Hey guys, it is costing me $250 to get the engine sent back from Terry in a nice safe crate. If you want to build a top level motor, then it is worth every cent to send it to him and then have it sent back. What are you looking to build Nemo ??

Hey guys, it is costing me $250 to get the engine sent back from Terry in a nice safe crate. If you want to build a top level motor, then it is worth every cent to send it to him and then have it sent back. What are you looking to build Nemo ??

That's not too bad n im sure it would be worth it lol....thinking of giving the klx an overhaul for next years VCM...thort I'd just send it to him n say go nuts n make it a beast haha...but with a budget n just see wat he can come up with

Last edited:
Might be best to buy the parts from terry and get a machine shop in aus to do your machining work.
Thats what im thinking of doing

Might be best to buy the parts from terry and get a machine shop in aus to do your machining work.
Thats what im thinking of doing

That could be another option...just don't no any machine shops or anyone who could do it down here in melb

There would be some one in melbourne for sure.
Ask a few of the vintage MX guy's who they get to machine their stuff.

Having Terry go "nuts" on a motor can get extremely expensive very quickly. Just go check out the Takegawa catalogue and tell me you could control your budget. If you want a top of the line KLX motor though, start boxing it now and get it on a plane. If you are in no hurry to get it back, you could keep saving to pay the final bill while the engine is over there !!!

Haha yeh I'll rephrase that...I'll have a talk to him n see wat ideas his got n talk bout prices then go from there...yeah I'm not in a hurry but if sent it now I wouldn't have a bike for ages

If its not custom stuff getting done , no way would i send it all the way there and back it would be a major waste of money.

Get all the parts you need off terry and get the engine put together locally .. any decent mechanic will be able to do the job..

All i would do to yours is stroker crank and v2 head , and probably bore the cases while its apart so you can run something bigger then 143/155 60mm if you need more power....
do the close ratio box while the crank is getting put in to if you want to spend the money (i love the cr box)

then if you want a bigger bore or the taky clutch or something you can just bolt them on later.

If i go down the custom path I will buy a head off him and get him to send it to aus, then do the rest of the motor work myself. one of his big valve special heads would be madness.

Other option is try n find a motor already built from someone off planet minis...its a risk but I've taken the risk before with parts n was all fine

Round trip is pricey. Buying a core here, and having it shipped to AU is $250-300. Big valve head, stroker and big bore ships for $60 or so.

Latest posts

Back